By the Membership Services Commission
In the PTA universe, we know how important our teachers are! Having the teachers and administrators at your school join your PTA and participate in your programs is a great way to encourage children and families to join as well. A collaborative partnership among all the adults at the school is one of the best ways to strengthen communication between families and schools.
So as you plan and promote your PTA membership campaign this back-to-school season, encouraging teachers to join PTA should be one of the focal points. (And don’t forget other school staff as well.)
We’ve put together a list of ideas and some helpful tools to help you get teachers on board.
- TALK with teachers about the value of PTA. Provide breakfast or a snack for teachers and use the opportunity to discuss the value of PTA at your school. Back-to-School night can also be a good opportunity to speak with both teachers and parents about supporting PTA.
- SHARE information about PTA’s Continuing Education Scholarships. PTA offers scholarships to teachers, school nurses, counselors and volunteers to continue their education.
- REMIND teachers and staff about PTA’s advocacy work. PTA is much more than a local fundraising group for your school – we are an advocacy organization focused on student success!
- ENLIST the support of your principal. A principal’s encouragement for teachers to join PTA can go a long way.
- OFFER incentives to join. Award teachers and staff with a lunch or celebration when 100 percent teacher membership is reached, or offer teachers who join reimbursements for classroom supplies.
Questions about running your PTA membership campaign? Contact us at email@example.com.
To return to the blog homepage, click here.