Registration NOW OPEN
Don’t miss your chance to take part in the largest school-based convention in the nation! Plus, you’ll get the training and information you need to help connect your family, school and community.
Registration Book — Download Here
Did you know? You can save money on convention registration if you are a PTA member! JOIN TODAY!
Online registration is the preferred method for convention registration. Members are encouraged to register online or by mail using the registration form. Fees entitle participants to attend the general meetings, workshops, Table Talks, Exhibit Hall and special events. “Exhibit Hall Only” entitles access to just the Exhibit Hall.
Note: Some district fees may be collected through the registration process. Check with your council and/or district PTA for other fees and fee procedures.
Statement of Understanding
By registering, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth for the California State PTA Annual Convention. Registration is transferable. Payments for transfers must be handled between you and your replacement and your unit/council/district PTA president. There are no refunds for state PTA registration and event fees, district fees or pre-ordered promo packages.
Photography and Audio Release
By registering for or attending the California State PTA Annual Convention, you hereby grant and assign California State PTA and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish all photographic, audio, video and digital images of you and your guests (including minors) taken while in attendance at the California State PTA Annual Convention for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium, including website and internet promotion. By registering for or attending the California State PTA Annual Convention you hereby release California State PTA and its legal representatives from all claims and liability relating to said photographs, audio, video and digital images.
Registration for New Units and Councils
Special guidelines are necessary for recently organized units and councils awaiting acceptance of membership into California State PTA at the pre-convention Board of Managers meeting.
- Applications for membership into California State PTA by new units and councils may be accepted at the pre-convention Board of Managers meeting
- All required dues, applications and approved bylaws must be processed by the district PTA prior to California State PTA Board of Managers acceptance
- Registrants from new units or councils not yet accepted by the Board of Managers must register onsite and will be registered as non-voting participants
- Bring a current PTA membership card — new unit/council PTA status will be verified onsite
- Make checks payable to California State PTA. The pre-registration rate will apply to your registration.
Accepted March 1 through April 16
- Fill the form out completely. You may only represent one unit or council or district. Be sure to write in your PTA Unit ID number, as listed on your membership card
- Read ALL NOTICES on the form
- You may pre-order promo packs on this form
- Payment and a copy of your membership card must accompany the registration form
- Units can mail multiple forms with one check. If your completed registration form is received by April 16, confirmation will be sent to the email address provided on the registration form. Bring the email confirmation with you to the Registration Booth, where you will receive your badge and tote bag
- Changes to any registration can be made online after receipt of the confirmation email. Additional fees will be collected, if incurred
- Mail-in registration will not be accepted after April 16.
Open from April 26 — 29
- Complete a registration form, available at the registration booth
- Bring your membership card and full payment to the registration booth. Check, cash, money order, Visa and MasterCard are accepted. We do not accept American Express.
You can verify your PTA membership by:
- Bringing your membership card with you to convention if you are registering on-site
- Sending a copy of your membership card with your mail-in registration form.
Note: Failure to provide proof of membership will cause convention fees to be assessed at the nonmember rate.
When Convention Begins
Upon arrival at convention, check in at the registration booth. Be sure to bring the following:
- Current membership card
- Barcode confirmation email
- Students must bring a signed Parent/Guardian Approval and Consent to Treatment Form. Forms are available online or from district PTAs in English or Spanish. Mailed copies are not accepted
- If you pre-registered and have no changes, scan the barcode from your confirmation email and use the self-serve kiosk. Present your membership card to pick up your tote, ribbons and voting card
- If you have not pre-registered, have changes or are a student, use the on-site registration booth.
Credentials may not be shared. Once convention begins, delegates may not give their credentials (badges) to another attendee. Credentials are provided to each delegate and are required for entrance to workshops, general meetings, special events and the Exhibit Hall. Badges are encoded with the items you purchase through the registration process. A “Tap-N-Go” system is in place throughout the workshop areas and convention hall: Simply tap your badge to the unit for access to workshops and events, and when entering or exiting general meetings.
Voting cards are provided to voting delegates at registration and are not replaced if lost.
Transfers and Name Changes
If you are unable to attend convention, your registration may be transferred to another individual. Payment arrangements are the responsibility of you, your replacement and your unit/council/district PTA.
If you registered online, provide the user ID, password and email confirmation to your replacement. Name changes can be made online until April 20 and an email confirmation will be sent to the new registrant. After April 20, changes must be made on-site.
Mailed-in registrations may be transferred and changes made online if an email address was provided. Failure to provide an email address requires the transfer to be completed on-site.
Changes may be made on-site. The individual receiving the transfer must provide a signed letter from the original registrant approving the transfer. Transfers without a current PTA membership card will pay the non-PTA member fee and will not be eligible to vote in the general meetings.
The host hotels in Ontario are the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport and the Ontario Gateway Hotel. Special convention room rates are available online from March 1 – April 3, 2018. After April 3, reservations must be made directly with the hotel and are subject to availability and price increase. Visa or MasterCard is required when checking in at the hotels. Be aware that if you use a debit card, the hotels will secure an authorization for the entire cost of your hotel stay. You can use one or more different forms of payment at checkout. Cancellations may be made 48 hours prior to arrival without penalty. No outside food or beverages for group consumption are allowed.
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
222 N. Vineyard Avenue
Ontario, CA 91764
Rate: $129 single/double/triple/quad (roll away bed can be added to a single bed room for $15)
Check in: 3 p.m.
Check out: Noon
Incidental Charges: $25 hold per day if using a debit or credit card, $100 deposit if paying with cash.
Ontario Gateway Hotel
2200 E. Holt Boulevard
Ontario, CA 91761
Rate: $109 single/double
Check in: 3 p.m.
Check out: Noon
Incidental Charges: No deposit required, only a credit card and valid ID to keep on file until check out.
Services Offered at Both Hotels
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center
- Coffee maker in room
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board and iron
- ATM in lobby
- Complimentary airport shuttle
- Complimentary self-parking (valet not available)
- Complimentary internet.
We need the help of local volunteers to make convention a memorable experience for all. If you are interested in helping out for this exciting event, please complete the online form.
Any questions may be sent to Bruce Bergman at email@example.com.