To help you continue on your educational path, the California State PTA is proud to offer several continuing-education scholarship programs for school professionals and volunteers.
Congratulations to our 2018-2019 Continuing Education Scholarship recipients:
- Shalena Mitchell (Twenty-Third District PTA)
- Parminder Singh (Twenty-Third District PTA)
- Robert Sutten (Twenty-Third District PTA)
- Megan Burke (Third District PTA)
- Kazuki Uema (Thirty-Third District PTA)
- Christine Fitch (Fifth District PTA)
- Karen Atwood (Thirteenth District PTA)
- Lisa Stewart (Fifth District PTA)
- Jessica Schoenfeld (First District PTA)
THREE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Registered Nurses are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses. You must be employed in a California public school during the preceding year, have a nursing contract for the current year – and assignment in – at least one PTA school, plan to continue as a public-school nurse, and use the scholarship at approved institutions or providers, such as nursing schools, hospitals, organized nursing groups and private providers that meet California Board of Registered Nursing requirements.
For Teachers and Counselors
Credentialed teachers and counselors who have a minimum of three years’ experience in a California public school are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for Credentialed Classroom Teachers and Counselors. You must be employed in a California public school during the preceding year and plan to continue working as a teacher or counselor.
For PTA Volunteers
PTA volunteers with at least three years of service are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship. Your scholarship must be used for advanced studies at accredited California colleges, universities, trade and technical schools.
Two reference forms and letters are needed to complete your scholarship application packet with:
- First reference – Written and submitted online by applicant’s unit, council or district PTA president.
- Second reference – Written and completed by a person unrelated to applicant and with whom applicant has volunteered during the past two years.
Your references will be able to directly submit their letters to the California State PTA. Please provide this link to your two references: http://castatepta.formstack.com/forms/educationreferenceform
All scholarship applications required two references. Forms can be completed online. All scholarships require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you’re not yet a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to contact your local PTA and join today! For general questions about these important programs, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via firstname.lastname@example.org.