Your voice matters — get involved!
IT’S A TIME OF OPPORTUNITY FOR PARENTS
The Local Control Funding Formula is a huge opportunity for parents to shape the vision for your children’s education and make it happen! As California’s school funding law, the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) is a way for schools to focus on student success. The LCFF requires school districts to involve parents in planning and decision-making as well as in developing Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAPs).
The Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) also:
- Requires your school district to focus on the eight key areas that help all students succeed
- Provides extra funding for students with greater challenges
- Gives your district more flexibility for how to spend its money to improve local schools.
Take a look at the video from the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence to learn more about the vision behind California’s commitment to local control.
KNOW THE BASICS – GET THE FACTS
California State PTA offers a variety of resources to share with parents, teachers and your school community. Download and share these resources (available in multiple languages).
LCFF-LCAP Overview: Your Voice matters
- Seasons of LCAP
- LCAP Best Practices
- Quick Guides to the Eight State Priorities
- Learn more about the California School Dashboard
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES – FLIERS, PRESENTATIONS & MORE
You’ll find a wealth of information from California State PTA and other sources on the Resources page.
In addition, past PTA presentations provide valuable background.