Your education doesn’t end once you walk across that high-school graduation stage.
That’s why California State PTA has two scholarships to help you achieve your college dreams and your life goals.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year are now closed.
OPPORTUNITIES EACH YEAR
Two scholarships are available for your application:
- $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship — This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a California high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year.
- $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship – Honoring the volunteer and public-service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this additional scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
Applications, reference forms and all supporting documents must be received in the California State PTA office by February 1. All applicants are notified of their status in March. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from California State PTA along with a check. For questions and more information, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application:
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (no more than 500 words total — approximately 2 pages double-spaced) outlining your PTA responsibilities and your career plans, goals, objectives and any other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee
- All of your school service-related activities including any service you provide to others in your school
- Your volunteer service in the community
- Two completed reference forms and letters, written specifically for this application (first reference written by a community volunteer leader unrelated to you and with whom you volunteered; second reference written by a member of the high-school faculty). Online reference form.
- If you are mailing a hard copy of your application packet, please remember to ask that reference forms and letters be given to you in a sealed envelope for you to include in the packet; if you’re applying online, provide the link specified in the online application to your two referees to submit their completed reference forms and letters.