PTA Membership – Stronger Together
Connecting families and schools for more than 125 years, PTA is the largest children’s advocacy organization in the country. Our members include parents/caregivers, students, teachers and administrators, and community members. We all work together to improve the lives of children and families.
Join your local PTA, or our state organization, by clicking here.
Individual PTA members benefit from connecting with what’s happening in their schools, participating in valuable programs, joining others to advocate for change, and demonstrating their commitment to public education. In addition, PTA Member Perks make joining PTA an even greater value. Click here for the latest Member Perks!
California State PTA is committed to helping our local leaders grow and sustain their membership numbers, and we provide a wealth of resources for that purpose. PTA leaders have access to our Leaders Website, which has training, tools, and ready-made communications to help create strong, effective membership campaigns all year long. We also provide local PTA leaders with the tools and technical assistance they need to meet government requirements for non-profit, 501(c)3 organizations.
Each year we also sponsor the California State PTA Membership Incentives and Challenges to keep local leaders recruiting new members. Click here to view the 2023-24 program.
FREE E-MEMBERSHIP FOR CALIFORNIA PTAS
California State PTA’s free online membership system makes joining and renewing PTA membership at the local level simple for parents, families and community members.
Our custom electronic membership system was designed specifically for PTAs in California.
The electronic membership system provides an additional way for PTAs to collect memberships. All PTAs can also continue to collect and remit memberships as you always have. More information about signing your PTA up to participate in electronic membership is available on the California State PTA Leaders’ Website.
Organizing and running a PTA membership campaign can be fun — and easy! PTA leaders can find a variety of training opportunities:
- Convenient in-person trainings are often offered by local PTA Councils and Districts. Check with them for upcoming dates.
- Membership workshops, conducted by our state Membership Services Commission, are a regular feature at the California State PTA convention each year.
- For online access to recent membership and marketing webinars, visit the training center in our Leaders Website.
MEMBERSHIP MARKETING TOOLS
Looking for new ideas to increase PTA membership at your school? How about ways to engage students or teachers in PTA?
In the Membership section of the Leaders Website you’ll find everything you need to build your PTA membership and support your members.
Ideas and Inspiration
PTA leaders from throughout the state have shared their tips and tricks through our Great Membership Idea Exchange on the Leaders Website. We also have a wealth of membership theme ideas, plus graphics and messaging you can use locally.
Ready-to-Use Marketing Materials
California State PTA and National PTA have created a wealth of marketing materials you can use for your membership campaigns:
- A customizable flier template that allows you to fill in the blanks and add photos, available in these languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, Vietnamese
- Ready-to-Print Fliers: a variety of FREE resources in multiple languages – ready to download, print and share with parents and families at your school. They’re all on the Leaders Website.
- National PTA’s membership-marketing materials are available in both English and Spanish.
Logos and PTA Visual Identity
We have everything you need to reinforce your PTA Brand on your social media and websites. In addition, on the Leaders Website you’ll find social media kits and graphics, Zoom backgrounds, and more.
HELPING GETTING AND STAYING ORGANIZED
Your membership efforts will go more smoothly and be more successful if you have a plan. We are here to help with our:
- free e-membership system
- templates for membership cards
- marketing and membership plans
- membership campaign timelines
Be sure to also look at the California State PTA Toolkit for PTA procedures and best practices
Looking for more information about organizing your PTA membership drive, or ways to promote it? Feel free to contact the Vice-President for Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help using the marketing tools, please contact California State PTA.