California State PTA speaks up for children across the state and you can, too! Whether you are an experienced advocate or have never participated before, join us for California State PTA’s Legislation Conference on January 14-15, 2019 in Sacramento and learn more about all the key issues and legislation impacting your child, school and community.
“This conference was eye-opening and exposed me to the inner workings of education and policy-making,” shared Arcadia High School junior Aaron Wu.
Join other PTA volunteers at the Legislation Conference and:
- Be a part of the statewide effort to strengthen education, health and safety for all children by engaging in PTA’s advocacy goals and legislative priorities
- Get the latest information from legislators and key officials about important issues for children and families
- Visit directly with the legislators who represent your community– and if you’re new to the process, we’ll connect you with others so you can learn how to have more productive visits with your legislator.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Don’t wait – registration is now open! Rates are set at $240 for adults and $195 for students and includes all materials, training, lunch and dinner on Monday, and breakfast on Tuesday. Please note, there are no refunds and “no shows” will be invoiced. Registration transfers only.
Take advantage of special PTA hotel rates at the Embassy Suites when your book your room to receive our discounted per-night room rate of $214; hotel registration closes January 8, 2019.
If you are arriving for Legislation Conference on Sunday, January 13, please join us for a an advocates networking pre-conference event. We will meet at the Embassy Suites and have an informal meet-n-greet to connect, talk about your local advocacy concerns and to introduce you to your California State PTA advocacy team. More details to follow…
FOLLOW THE ACTION
Follow #PTA4Kids on your favorite social media platform to see the action from the 2019 California State PTA Legislation Conference. We’ll be tweeting live.
- Twitter – @CaliforniaPTA
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaPTA
- Instagram – california_state_pta