REGISTER NOW FOR LEG CON 2021!
All PTA members are invited to the Legislation Conference — it is open to anyone interested in improving the lives of children and families in their communities, and across the state! As a bonus, everyone who registers is automatically entered into our contest — see details below!
WHEN: February 8-9, 2021
WHERE: Virtual — we hope you will enjoy this new and exciting format! (Spanish interpretation will be available for most sessions.)
- All PTA members who want to learn more about how to be an effective voice for children.
- High school juniors and seniors are welcome to join us.
WHAT: In line with our theme, “A Path to Equity,” you will:
- Hear from legislators and other experts focusing on how legislation and the state budget link to equity, access, and opportunity for all of California’s children
- Meet and network with other advocates from across the state in virtual themed breakout rooms
- Get materials that show you how to schedule, plan and execute a meeting with your legislator (or person with decision making power over your issue)
Here’s a sneak peak at some of our fabulous confirmed speakers:
- Michael Essien – Principal of Martin Luther King, Jr. Academic Alternative Middle School who along with his dedicated staff helped move a troubled urban middle school toward success. For a glimpse of what he and his staff have done, please check out this article from Ed100.
- Leaders of the African American, Latino, API, Jewish, Women’s and LGBTQ Caucuses – to talk to us about how they set their priorities as it relates to children and families and how they are thinking about opportunity, access and equity!
- On the state budget, we have perennial favorites Kevin Gordon, Capitol Advisors Group and Jeff Bell, California Department of Finance, joined by Chris Hoene from the California Budget and Policy Center to talk to us about the budget. John Fensterwald from EdSource will moderate this panel to help us understand how the state budget impacts equity.
WHY: Make a difference!
- Be a part of the statewide effort to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children
- Hear the latest information from legislators and key officials about important issues affecting children and families
- Get empowered to speak to the local legislator who represents your community about PTA issues
PRICE: $50 per person
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND YOU’LL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENTERED INTO OUR CONTEST! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/california-state-pta-2021-virtual-legislation-conference-tickets-128927159605
10 randomly selected registrants will win a visit from our Director of Legislation or another member of our legislation team to present or answer questions during one of your upcoming virtual unit, council, or district meetings
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING LEG CON 2020!
A big “thank you” to all attendees of Leg Con 2020, which was a huge success!
Click the yellow button below to see more event photos on Facebook.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 SPONSORS