2023 LEGISLATION CONFERENCE – SAVE THE DATE!
JOIN US FOR THE 2023 LEGISLATION CONFERENCE
MARCH 20-21, 2023 | SACRAMENTO, CA
Don’t miss this event that brings together PTA members, parents, teachers, administrators, students, and community members who are interested in advocating directly with state legislators or learning more about supporting local advocacy.
The Legislation Conference is for all PTA Members, in any role or level of the organization. You can make a difference!
- Join the statewide effort to advocate for the education, health, safety, and well-being of all children.
- Hear the latest information from legislators and key officials about important issues affecting children and families.
- Learn how to advocate!
More Information Available Soon!
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Have you considered attending Leg Con 2023, but are still unsure if this is the right event for you? Here are four reasons why attending is DEFINITELY worthwhile:
- You don’t have to be a policy expert or an advocacy rock star to get great benefits from the conference. The Legislation Conference is designed to meet the needs of everyone — from an advocacy novice to a policy wonk. Everyone will find something of value at the conference.
- There is so much to learn! You will learn various ways to advocate at the local and state level, you’ll learn about important issues that affect students around the state, and you’ll hear from policymakers in Sacramento.
- Meet and network with PTA leaders from across the state. One of the best things about the Legislation Conference is meeting other leaders who care about children and families as much as you do!
- Students can attend too! Is your high schooler passionate about a cause, do they want to learn more about how our government works or how they can help make a change? Students are always welcome at the Legislation Conference.
WHAT ATTENDEES SAY ABOUT IT
“The Leg Conference is a super well-organized, well-designed conference to onboard new volunteers. You will get the most out of a very short 2-day conference. Friendship alone is well worth the effort. Meeting and networking with like-minded volunteers and being able to speak on our children’s behalf was a bonus. If you have attended this conference, you know what I am talking about. If you have never attended this conference — well, you are missing out! Go! Get yourself approved by your local PTA to attend. You won’t regret it!”
Jade Chao, Immediate Past President,
Palo Alto Council of PTAs
LOOK BACK AT LEG CON 2021
Please click here to read our blog post about what we accomplished at Leg Con 2021.