Our dedicated Board of Managers includes our Board of Directors, district presidents and all members of California State PTA commissions and committees.
OUR GOVERNING BODY
Our Board of Managers:
- Conducts the business of the California PTA between conventions
- Develops programs and policies for the state
- Promotes the mission of PTA
- Adopts and revises the state PTA budget
- Provides service to local units and councils upon request
- Represents PTA on committees and coalitions at the state level
- Informs and educates through articles and publications and conducts workshops and trainings.
Applications for the 2019-2021 term are now closed.
Watch the recording below to hear from state leaders, including President Celia Jaffe, about what it takes to be an effective member of the board. Learn about the work of the state commissions and committees, the time commitment required of board volunteers and the kinds of experience that are valuable when joining the board.