SAVE THE DATE FOR THE 2024 CONVENTION
Our Annual State PTA Convention is the ultimate PTA leadership experience and an excellent PTA investment. Join us in Ontario to celebrate 127 years of changing children’s lives – you are an important voice for all children and families! You will be inspired by other PTA leaders and understand the connection to the larger PTA picture. You’ll return home with fresh ideas, improved skills, new friends, and inspiration for the work ahead.
Did you know…
every PTA can send at least 2 voting members to convention, so along with training and networking opportunities, your unit has a voice in how the California State PTA operates.
What will we have at convention?
- 50 Workshops – training for leaders, programs for members, educational updates
- Voting on Resolutions – 4 Resolutions were Adopted in 2023 & provide a foundation of advocacy
- Exhibit Hall – Meet vendors to bring to your school from fundraising to assemblies and more
- Reflections Gallery – Enjoy the beautiful art that is created across the state
- Network and meet fellow leaders to collaborate and share ideas
Planning for Convention
Registration has been officially set. You can plan on $249 early bird price per delegate or $349 for full-time registration. Registration will open in March.
The Doubletree by Hilton is our Convention Hotel for planning purposes, the rooms base rate will be around $180 a night.
PER DIEM (for food)
for each delegate (The State’s per diem is $ 16 – Breakfast, $ 18 – Lunch, and $ 33 – Dinner, your units per diem may be found in your unit Bylaws)
What can you do now?
You can use the following template below to help inform your Unit, Council, or District PTA to estimate what you need to add to your budget. Convention is a PTA-worthy expense!
How do you go about getting this approved to attend Convention?
- Bring this to your Executive Board and mention the benefits of attending the California State PTA Convention.
- Identify if any other members of the board would like to attend.
- Make a motion to the Executive Board to recommend to the General Association that they add this budget line item.
- Bring this to the next General Association Meeting for approval
- Check the capta.org website in March so that you can sign up with the early bird registration and book your hotel room!
|Convention Expense||Cost Per Person (estimated to approve in your budget)||# of Delegates||Total Cost|
|Full-Time Delegate(s) (voting/non-voting)||$249 Early Bird / $349 On-Site||________||________|
|One-Day Delegates (non-voting)||$199 Early Bird / $249 On-Site||________||________|
|Mileage (~.65 cents) / Airfare||___________________________________________||________||________|
|Hotel Cost||~ $180 + taxes||________||________|