EDUCATION EMPOWERS YOUNG MINDS
Quality public education is crucially important to individual families and the future of our society.
California State PTA is committed to connecting families and schools by providing a range of information, resources and training to empower parents to actively participate at all levels of decision-making: from the school site, to local school boards, to state and federal government bodies. PTA works to inform its membership of education issues and to advocate at every school and district.
Whether it is understanding California state standards and curriculum, or how to help a child succeed with homework, learning about high-school course options and college/career readiness, or serving on a citizen’s committee for the school district, families need information that empowers them to be involved with their children and community.
Understanding how school systems work increases the likelihood of parent and community involvement, which makes education more effective and responsive for students.
- Arts education and it’s exponential impact on student success
- What does college and career readiness mean?
- California State Standards and curriculum in schools including the historic ethnic studies model curriculum and Next Generation Science Standards
- Understanding the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Help your student get the most out of homework
- Addressing learning loss through accelerated learning and expanded learning opportunities for all
- How schools are funded through the Local Control Funding Formula
- Student assessments and school accountability
- California Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- County Offices of Education
- Ed100 Resources for Parents and PTA Leaders