If your PTA isn’t registered yet in the TOTEM electronic membership system, now is the time to get onboard!
You can set up the e-membership account from home – it’s easy, quick and free – all you need is the contact information for a few of your key officers (President, Treasurer, and Membership Chair) and your unit bank account information (so the membership dues can be deposited into your unit’s bank account).
Click here to learn more about TOTEM on the California State PTA website, then click here to get your PTA signed up. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Get set up with e-membership before summer so members can join while you’re on vacation! If your PTA is not yet using the PTA electronic membership system, you can get set up now so you’ll be ready for the new school year. It’s just five easy steps and can take less than 10 minutes. For more information, visit www.capta.org/electronic-membership-system.
Watch your email inbox for an invitation from TOTEM. Our partners at TOTEM will be sending out invitations to PTA leaders to sign on to the system. You can change your officer positions, manage your online members and access to a variety of customized reports. Accept the invitation and get started right away. Questions? Visit www.capta.org/electronic-membership-system for more information, FAQs, success stories and more.
Bulk upload this year’s members to make sure they receive an automatic renewal message. We are excited to share the new bulk upload feature on TOTEM! Now you can upload all your members into the e-membership system and have one source for all your membership information. You can do it yourself with the Google sheet and FAQs from TOTEM, or for a small fee, TOTEM can set it up for you. All members in the system will receive renewal notices to make joining your PTA easier. This will set you up for a great start in the new year!
Leadership changes are coming soon. Don’t forget – June 1 is the deadline to upload your new PTA leaders. We encourage all local PTAs to upload new leaders into PTAEZ between now and June 1. For those units on TOTEM, please remember to update your leaders in that system as well. It’s as easy as a few clicks of a button.
WOW, we are hearing great things about how easy mid-year membership campaigns are using electronic membership links. Here are some tips from our experts (leaders like you):
- Send out a designated email about PTA membership to your whole school community. Share what your PTA/PTSA has done and what you plan to do and include a link to join
- Add a join button to all your electronic newsletters
- Ask your principal to include the PTA/PTSA membership link in your schools communications
- Create a great poster sharing what your PTA does and include a QR code so everyone can easily join when they see the poster
- Remind your community at every PTA event that they can join — then follow that up with a membership table in the room or a link or QR code so they can join
- Include your join link on all e-blasts, fliers and other electronic communication and include a QR code on paper programs, flyers and posters.
You can modify the ideas if you’re not using e-membership or you can connect your PTA to the TOTEM system and take advantage of the perks. Learn more at www.capta.org/join.