Here are a few easy-to-use tools and resources to help you plan and promote your PTA membership campaign during the back-to-school season — and all year long!
HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN
Organizing and running a PTA membership campaign can be fun — and easy! Watch the video below for easy steps to building your PTA membership.
CUSTOMIZABLE PTA MEMBERSHIP MARKETING TOOL’S NOW IN WORD
No need to write that invitation letter from scratch! Here’s an easy way to invite your parents, school staff and community members to join your PTA: the customizable marketing flier. Simply customize by filling in the blanks on the template, add a few photos and quotes, and save it to your computer. Your customized membership flier can be sent out electronically, or copied and distributed at PTA or community events. Print out the flier in color or black and white, attach a PTA membership envelope, and your membership campaign is on its way! Take a look at a sample flier.
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH PRESET STOCK IMAGES
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH NO IMAGES — ADD YOUR OWN!
MEMBERSHIP TOOLBOX: NEW IDEAS TO BUILD MEMBERSHIP
Looking for new ideas to increase PTA membership at your school? How about ways to engage students or teachers in PTA? Check out these great ideas and resources:
- Membership Monday eBlasts
- Membership timeline
- Membership theme ideas
- Ways to increase PTA membership
- Ways to encourage teachers to join PTA
- Ideas to build student membership and involvement
- Membership incentives and awards
MEMBERSHIP ENVELOPES AND CARDS ARE HERE FOR YOUR PTA
Membership envelopes are available now at a low-cost to local PTA units. Contact your district PTA to place your order today! Two options for membership card delivery:
- Traditional cardstock membership card option: This hard copy version can be mailed, given to the member at point-of-sale, or sent home to the member with their child. Cardstock membership cards are available through your district PTA. To print member names on the cardstock membership card, a downloadable Word template is available.
- Digital membership card option: California State PTA is now offering the option to distribute digital membership cards to your members instead of paper cards. For the 2015-16 membership year, units can either distribute the paper membership cards, the new “e-cards” or a combination of the two. PTA unit leaders can customize and distribute e-cards to their members by email. Members can then save the image of their personalized e-card to their smartphone or tablet device and carry it with them, just as they would a traditional paper card. The digital cards do not need to be printed. Please contact your district PTA for more information.
Remind your members to create a “PTA Profile” to gain access to national membership resources and year-round savings from PTA member benefit providers.
MARKETING YOUR PTA: MAKE IT PERSONAL
Parents want their PTA to be local and personal, serving and supporting their children and the programs at their school. Download a quick “Messaging That Works” reference sheet for a few message points when communicating with parents about the importance of joining PTA.
GRAPHICS AND LOGOS EMPHASIZE OUR MESSAGE
PTA connects families and schools, and your social media and website graphics can help reinforce that key message.
FACEBOOK COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Facebook profile image.
TWITTER COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Twitter profile image.
WEBSITE BANNERS LEADERBOARD — 728 X 90
SMALL SQUARE — 125 X 125
PTA LOGO — Download a PTA logo for your school!
CONNECTING FAMILIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES — Download PTA’s high-resolution graphic.
PTA MERCHANDISE AND MATERIALS
Presenting a polished and professional image is important in building membership for your PTA. The PTA Store offers great marketing materials to help you promote your PTA, including a new design featuring California State PTA’s message “Connecting Families, School and Communities.”
MEMBERSHIP VIDEOS HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Show a PTA membership video or public service announcement at back-to-school night or embed the videos right on your PTA website.
- Be an important part of the school
- Encourage meaningful education
- Do something that’s going to help children
- Focus on all the kids
- Feel connected to a bigger mission
- Join your PTA today – a message from college student Joey Abram
Create your own personalized video and be sure to share it with California State PTA as well! Send us your personalized video today!
PTA MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGES ENCOURAGE GROWTH
Building your PTA membership can really pay off for your school. Not only will your PTA have the support of parents and families, but your PTA could qualify for awesome membership challenge incentives. Here’s a quick list of our recent membership challenges from this past school year:
- Ready, Set … Remit! Award
- Teachers Matter … Members Matter Challenge
- New Challenge for 2016: Kick Off to Male Membership
MEMBER PERKS ADD VALUE FOR FAMILIES
We know people join PTA to support children and their schools. But PTA member perks can help make joining PTA an even greater value. Download and share the latest Member Perks flier with your members!
ENGLISH EN ESPAÑOL
- Be sure to also reference the California State PTA Toolkit for PTA procedures and best practices.
- Looking for more information about organizing your PTA membership drive, or ways to promote it? Feel free to contact the Vice-President for Membership at email@example.com.
- If you need assistance in utilizing the marketing tools, please contact California State PTA.