The California State PTA membership theme for the 2016-2017 school year is…
Do Good Things for Kids — Join PTA
The theme is a reminder that, just by joining PTA, you are adding your voice to advocacy efforts on behalf of all children, helping your local PTA and sending a strong message that you support children and families.
Here are a few easy-to-use tools and resources to help you plan and promote your PTA membership campaign during the back-to-school season — and all year long!
MEMBERSHIP TRAINING WEBINARS
Organizing and running a PTA membership campaign can be fun — and easy! Visit our Online Training Center to access recent membership and marketing webinar recordings.
Register for the final membership webinar this term:
- Continuing the Membership Excitement Year-Round
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- 7-8 p.m.
- Register today!
CUSTOMIZABLE PTA MEMBERSHIP MARKETING TOOL
No need to write that invitation letter from scratch! Here’s an easy way to invite your parents, school staff and community members to join your PTA: the customizable marketing flier. Simply customize by filling in the blanks on the template, add a few photos and quotes, and save it to your computer. Your customized membership flier can be sent out electronically, or copied and distributed at PTA or community events. Print out the flier in color or black and white, attach a PTA membership envelope, and your membership campaign is on its way! Take a look at a sample flier.
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH PRESET STOCK IMAGES
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH NO IMAGES — ADD YOUR OWN!
MEMBERSHIP TOOLBOX: NEW IDEAS TO BUILD MEMBERSHIP
Looking for new ideas to increase PTA membership at your school? How about ways to engage students or teachers in PTA? Check out these great ideas and resources:
- Membership Monday eBlasts
- 101 Ways to Increase PTA Membership
- Membership Timeline
- Membership Theme Ideas
- Ways to Increase PTA Membership
- Ways to Encourage Teachers to Join PTA
- Ideas to Build Student Membership and Involvement
- Membership Incentives and Awards
- Sample PTA Bulletin Boards
- Share Your PTA Success Story with California State PTA
HOW TO MARKET YOUR PTA – AND BUILD MEMBERSHIP
We want to hear about all the great membership marketing strategies your PTA is putting into place. Share your PTA success stories with us.
FLIERS AND PRINTED RESOURCES
California State PTA and National PTA offer a variety of FREE resources in multiple languages – ready to download, print and share with parents and families at your school.
- Why PTA — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese
- Today’s PTA — English and Spanish
- Today’s PTA Poster — English and Spanish
- Engagement: 15 Things You Can Do — English and Spanish
- Connect With Your School — English and Spanish
- You Are Your Child’s Advocate — English and Spanish
- Do good things for kids — JOIN PTA! — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese
MEMBERSHIP ENVELOPES AND CARDS ARE HERE FOR YOUR PTA
- Membership envelopes are available now at a low-cost to local PTA units. Contact your district PTA to place your order today!
- Membership Cards: Cardstock membership cards are available through your district PTA. To print member names on the cardstock membership card, a downloadable Word template is available. Membership cards should be given to members at the point of sale. Remind your members to create a “PTA Profile” to gain access to national membership resources and year-round savings from PTA member benefit providers.
GRAPHICS AND LOGOS EMPHASIZE OUR MESSAGE
PTA connects families and schools, and your social media and website graphics can help reinforce that key message.
FACEBOOK COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Facebook profile image.
TWITTER COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Twitter profile image.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILE IMAGE – Show your support for PTA by adding this graphic to your Twitter or Facebook profile picture. Click here to begin.
JOIN PTA TODAY — High-resolution graphic.
WEBSITE BANNERS LEADERBOARD — 728 X 90
SMALL SQUARE — 125 X 125
PTA LOGO — Download a PTA logo for your school!
CONNECTING FAMILIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES — Download PTA’s high-resolution graphic.
PTA MERCHANDISE AND MATERIALS
Presenting a polished and professional image is important in building membership for your PTA. The PTA Store offers great marketing materials to help you promote your PTA, including a new design featuring California State PTA’s message “Connecting Families, Schools and Communities.”
MEMBERSHIP VIDEOS HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Show a PTA membership video or public service announcement at back-to-school night or embed the videos right on your PTA website.
- Engaging Families for Student Success
- Be an important part of the school
- Encourage meaningful education
- Do something that’s going to help children
- Focus on all the kids
- Feel connected to a bigger mission
Create your own personalized video and be sure to share it with California State PTA as well! Send us your personalized video today!
JUST ADDED: NEW MID-YEAR MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE
Resolve to “do good things for kids” in 2017 by adding 17 new members to your local PTA! Your PTA will be recognized at the 2017 annual convention in San Jose on the Membership Wall of Fame and with a special convention ribbon. No application is required: Simply remit dues through channels for at least 17 new members between January 1 and March 31.
MEMBER PERKS ADD VALUE FOR FAMILIES
We know people join PTA to support children and their schools. But PTA member perks can help make joining PTA an even greater value. Download and share the latest Member Perks flier with your members!
ENGLISH EN ESPAÑOL
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES FOR PTA LEADERS
California State PTA is exploring potential online membership systems to make PTA membership easier
With more than 90 percent of our local PTA leaders asking for a simplified electronic membership system in last year’s Unit Leader Survey, we heard you loud and clear! We are pleased to announce that California State PTA is exploring potential online membership systems to make joining, and renewing, PTA membership at the local level easier for parents, families and community members.
We are evaluating systems that support our current structure while helping advance our membership processes into the future. We are currently in the initial phase of vetting possible vendors to explore options which includes requests for proposals (RFP) as well as meeting and vetting possible vendors. In this initial phase, we have assembled a task force to explore options, discuss strategies and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
This is just the first step in a long process – and we’re committed to getting it right for you and for our members! Nothing is changing to PTA’s membership process at this time and any system we launch will be completely voluntary. Units, councils or districts will not be required to use the new system.
All of your feedback and input are being taken very seriously, and if a new electronic system is implemented it will enhance our current local PTA membership marketing campaigns and dues-collection process. Please feel free to send any questions or feedback to email@example.com. We will keep you posted as we progress in this important work to build membership and strengthen PTA.
- Check out National PTA’s membership-marketing materials available in both English and Spanish.
- Be sure to also reference the California State PTA Toolkit for PTA procedures and best practices.
- Looking for more information about organizing your PTA membership drive, or ways to promote it? Feel free to contact the Vice-President for Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need assistance in utilizing the marketing tools, please contact California State PTA.