The California State PTA membership theme for the 2016-2017 school year is…
Do Good Things for Kids — Join PTA
The theme is a reminder that, just by joining PTA, you are adding your voice to advocacy efforts on behalf of all children, helping your local PTA and sending a strong message that you support children and families. Plus, be sure to check out the new membership challenge for units!
Here are a few easy-to-use tools and resources to help you plan and promote your PTA membership campaign during the back-to-school season — and all year long!
MEMBERSHIP TRAINING WEBINARS
Organizing and running a PTA membership campaign can be fun — and easy!
- WEBINAR: Download, listen and learn more about membership.
- View common membership questions and answers.
Register for future membership webinars:
Registration links coming soon!
- Mid-Year Membership Planning and Implementation
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- 7-8 p.m.
- Continuing the Membership Excitement Year-Round
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- 7-8 p.m.
CUSTOMIZABLE PTA MEMBERSHIP MARKETING TOOL
No need to write that invitation letter from scratch! Here’s an easy way to invite your parents, school staff and community members to join your PTA: the customizable marketing flier. Simply customize by filling in the blanks on the template, add a few photos and quotes, and save it to your computer. Your customized membership flier can be sent out electronically, or copied and distributed at PTA or community events. Print out the flier in color or black and white, attach a PTA membership envelope, and your membership campaign is on its way! Take a look at a sample flier.
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH PRESET STOCK IMAGES
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOL WITH NO IMAGES — ADD YOUR OWN!
MEMBERSHIP TOOLBOX: NEW IDEAS TO BUILD MEMBERSHIP
Looking for new ideas to increase PTA membership at your school? How about ways to engage students or teachers in PTA? Check out these great ideas and resources:
- Membership Monday eBlasts
- 101 Ways to Increase PTA Membership
- Membership Timeline
- Membership Theme Ideas
- Ways to Increase PTA Membership
- Ways to Encourage Teachers to Join PTA
- Ideas to Build Student Membership and Involvement
- Membership Incentives and Awards
- Sample PTA Bulletin Boards
HOW TO MARKET YOUR PTA – AND BUILD MEMBERSHIP
FLIERS AND PRINTED RESOURCES
California State PTA and National PTA offer a variety of FREE resources in multiple languages – ready to download, print and share with parents and families at your school.
- Why PTA — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese
- Today’s PTA — English and Spanish
- Today’s PTA Poster — English and Spanish
- Engagement: 15 Things You Can Do — English and Spanish
- Connect With Your School — English and Spanish
- You Are Your Child’s Advocate — English and Spanish
- Do good things for kids — JOIN PTA! — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese
MEMBERSHIP ENVELOPES AND CARDS ARE HERE FOR YOUR PTA
- Membership envelopes are available now at a low-cost to local PTA units. Contact your district PTA to place your order today!
- Membership Cards: Cardstock membership cards are available through your district PTA. To print member names on the cardstock membership card, a downloadable Word template is available. Membership cards should be given to members at the point of sale. Remind your members to create a “PTA Profile” to gain access to national membership resources and year-round savings from PTA member benefit providers.
GRAPHICS AND LOGOS EMPHASIZE OUR MESSAGE
PTA connects families and schools, and your social media and website graphics can help reinforce that key message.
FACEBOOK COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Facebook profile image.
TWITTER COVER IMAGE — Be sure to use your PTA unit logo as the Twitter profile image.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILE IMAGE – Show your support for PTA by adding this graphic to your Twitter or Facebook profile picture. Click here to begin.
JOIN PTA TODAY — High-resolution graphic.
WEBSITE BANNERS LEADERBOARD — 728 X 90
SMALL SQUARE — 125 X 125
PTA LOGO — Download a PTA logo for your school!
CONNECTING FAMILIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES — Download PTA’s high-resolution graphic.
PTA MERCHANDISE AND MATERIALS
Presenting a polished and professional image is important in building membership for your PTA. The PTA Store offers great marketing materials to help you promote your PTA, including a new design featuring California State PTA’s message “Connecting Families, Schools and Communities.”
MEMBERSHIP VIDEOS HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Show a PTA membership video or public service announcement at back-to-school night or embed the videos right on your PTA website.
- Be an important part of the school
- Encourage meaningful education
- Do something that’s going to help children
- Focus on all the kids
- Feel connected to a bigger mission
Create your own personalized video and be sure to share it with California State PTA as well! Send us your personalized video today!
THIS YEAR’S CHALLENGE: DO GOOD THINGS FOR YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP
The California State PTA membership theme for the 2016-2017 school year is…DO GOOD THINGS FOR KIDS – JOIN PTA. The theme is a reminder that, just by joining PTA, you are adding your voice to advocacy efforts on behalf of all children, helping your local PTA and sending a strong message that you support children and families.
This year, we are launching the “DO GOOD THINGS FOR YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP” challenge with several options to qualify. Complete at least seven strategies – three required and four optional – to qualify to win money for your PTA. All PTA’s in good standing that qualify will be entered into a drawing to win one of three cash prizes: $1,500, $500 and $250. Plus, all qualifying units will receive an exclusive ribbon at convention and mention on California State PTA’s website.
MEMBER PERKS ADD VALUE FOR FAMILIES
We know people join PTA to support children and their schools. But PTA member perks can help make joining PTA an even greater value. Download and share the latest Member Perks flier with your members!
ENGLISH EN ESPAÑOL
- Check out National PTA’s membership-marketing materials available in both English and Spanish.
- Be sure to also reference the California State PTA Toolkit for PTA procedures and best practices.
- Looking for more information about organizing your PTA membership drive, or ways to promote it? Feel free to contact the Vice-President for Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need assistance in utilizing the marketing tools, please contact California State PTA.