Membership is PTA’s strength and our voice. We want all of our local PTAs to have the tools they need to increase membership.
Membership Challenges for 2020-21
Starting September 1, 2020 and ending June 15, 2021 our Membership Drive Challenge will take your PTA on a virtual drive through our state. We will have eight different checkpoints throughout the year. The game board/map and checkpoint descriptions are included in the links below:
- Click here to view or download the game board/map in English
- Click here to view or download the game board/map in Spanish
- Click here to view or download the checkpoint descriptions and challenge instructions in English
- Click here to view or download the checkpoint descriptions and challenge instructions in Spanish
The PTA units that complete the challenge at each checkpoint will be entered into a drawing for prizes ranging from digital postcards, to bumper stickers, banners, tablecloths, and more.
The Membership Drive Challenge is not mandatory, but rather a fun way for us to recognize our local PTAs for their achievements. We’re hoping you find the checkpoints simple and fun.
Tell Us Your Theme and Your Goal: Any PTA unit, council or district that forwards their membership theme for the 2020-2021 membership year along with a membership goal that reflects an increase over their final membership total from 2019-2020 and meets that goal will be entered into a drawing to receive one of 5 free registrations for the 2021 California State PTA convention. The deadline is September 30, 2020. All unit, councils and districts that qualify will receive a recognition ribbon at the 2021 California State PTA convention.
Ready, Set, Remit and More: All PTA units that forward a minimum of 30 members through channels by October 30, 2020 will receive a certificate celebrating their success. In addition, a unit that remits at least 50 members by the deadline will receive an additional drawing ticket for any additional membership challenges they qualify for.
Teachers Matter: Any PTA that has 100% of its full time credentialed teachers as members and submits a completed Teachers Matter application form by January 31, 2021 will be entered into a drawing to receive a PTA tablecloth for your school. Submit your application by midnight on February 1, 2021. Click here to view the application.
Founder’s Day Resolution Challenge – All PTA units that add at least two more members this February than
they did last February will be entered into a drawing for a PTA tablecloth for their school. Memberships must be forwarded to
the California State PTA office through channels by February 26th, 2021. The drawing will be held no later than March 15th, 2021.
CONGRATS TO LAST YEAR’S MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE WINNERS!
Thank you to the hundreds of units, councils, and districts who took part in the Teachers Matter, Best in 5, and Tell Us Your Theme and Goal challenges last year. We appreciate your efforts – especially during the difficult spring months.
We drew winners for Best in 5 and Tell Us Your Theme and Goal on April 24th, 2020 and for Teachers Matter in February 2020.
Without further ado, here are the winners!!!
- Walteria Elementary PTA – 33rd District
- Cameron Elementary School PTA – 1st District
- Cypress Elementary PTA – 1st District
- Santiago Hills Elementary PTA – 4th District
- John C. Fremont Elementary PTA – 33rd District
- Joseph Arnold Elementary PTA – 33rd District
- William Green Elementary PTA – 33rd District
- First Avenue Middle School PTSA – 1st District
- Richardson Middle School PTSA – 33rd District
- Gregg Anderson Academy PTA – 34th District
Tell Us Your Theme and Goal:
- Ethan A. Chase PTSA – 23rd District
- Stanton PTA – 1st District
- Wingland Elementary PTA – 7th District
- Cutten-Ridgewood PTA – 22nd District
- Barranca Elementary PTA – 1st District
Best in Five:
- John L. Golden Elementary School PTA – 5th District
- Donald Graham Elementary PTA – 23rd District
- Hillcrest Elementary School PTA – 1st District
- Sanchez Elementary PTA – 2nd District
- Westborough Middle School PTSA – 17th District
- TECA PTA – 2nd District
- Kwis Elementary PTA – 1st District
- La Patera Elementary PTA – 15th District
- Santiago Elementary PTA – 4th District
- J. Haley Durham Elementary PTA – Peralta District
- Fern Drive Elementary PTA – 4th District
- Sunset Elementary PTA – 11th District
- Alvarado Intermediate PTSA – 1st District
- Monroe Middle PTA – 6th District
- Rolling Hills Elementary PTA – 4th District
Originally the prize for the winners of each challenge was going to be a free registration to the 2020 California State PTA Convention in Riverside. Though we had to cancel convention this year, we still intend to honor our winners’ accomplishments, so they will receive a free registration to the 2021 California State PTA Convention in Sacramento or another training opportunity that may arise in the 2020-2021 school year. Winners were also acknowledged on California State PTA’s Facebook page (here and here).
Our collective efforts to increase membership across the state are important for a number of reasons: they help us increase our advocacy voice; provide us with new leaders to train and develop so that we can continue our legacy; and just as important, allow us to connect even more families, schools, and communities.
Keep up the good work, and thank you again for proving that Every Member Matters!
MEMBER PERKS: A GREAT SELLING POINT FOR PTA
We know people join PTA to support children and their schools. Be sure to visit the member perks page for additional perks to share with your members.1