- Write letters to city council, elected officials, and school board members encouraging them to join
- Attend Rotary, Optimist, Kiwanis Club meetings and recruit their members
- Host a PTA table at any/every community event
- Invite senior citizens to activities such as school plays
- Incorporate local community organizations and businesses into your activities and programs. Ask for donations to be used as giveaways and thank them publicly for their support
- Provide your board members with membership envelopes and encourage them to take them to all community functions, events and businesses.
Involving those who speak other languages:
- Attend an ELL (English Language Learner) advisory meetings with a translator and explain the role of PTA
- Hold a multi-cultural event that involves everyone
- Have a board liaison position to the ELAC (English Learners Advisory Committee) parent group
- Provide interpretation to those that need it at all meetings and events. Recruit parents to help with language challenges, recruit translators from the community, provide headsets, hold bilingual meetings, etc
- Keep all parents informed and provide information of value. Translate all printed materials as needed.