Thanks for a Great Legislation Conference
PTA members from across the state raised their voices on behalf of children at the Capitol during our two-day Legislation Conference on March 13-14, 2017. The conference centered on the true heart of PTA: advocacy. Ranging from first-ever participants to returning advocates, attendees shared about children’s experiences, heard the latest news on a range of education and community concerns, and learned grassroots advocacy techniques to use in the Capitol
“No matter where we are — in the Capitol, at our schools or in our neighborhoods – PTA members are advocates, always,” said California State PTA President Justine Fischer.
For more information on the event and our many legislative efforts for California children, please email email@example.com, and check out our Facebook page as well as Twitter reportage at #PTA4KIDS.
- California State PTA President Justine Fischer
- California State PTA Director of Legislation Shayne Silva
- Tom Torlakson, Superintendent of Public Instruction (INVITED)
- Ilene Straus, Vice Chair, State Board of Education
- Gordon Jackson, Director, Coordinated Student Support Division, California Department of Education (INVITED)
- Tom Herman, Coordinated Student Support Division, California Department of Education
- California State PTA Executive Director Sherry Skelly Griffith
- Kevin Gordon, President and a Founding Partner of Capitol Advisors
- Ron Bennett, CEO, School Services of California
- Mac Taylor, Legislative Analyst
- Jeff Bell, Program Budget Manager, Department of Finance
- Senator Kevin De León, Senate President Pro Tempore
- Senator Ben Allen, Chair, Senate Education Committee
- Senator Jean Fuller, Senate Republican Leader (INVITED)
- Assembly Member Anthony Rendon, Assembly Speaker (INVITED)
- Assembly Member Chad Mayes, Assembly Republican Leader (INVITED)
- Assembly Member Patrick O’Donnell, Chair, Assembly Education Committee
- Assembly Member Rocky Chavez, Vice Chair, Assembly Education Committee
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
We are grateful to College Board for its generous support of the 2017 California State PTA Legislation Conference.