JOIN US IN SACRAMENTO – March 13-14, 2017
California State PTA speaks up for children across the state and you can, too! Whether you are an experienced advocate or have never participated before, join us for California State PTA’s Legislation Conference in Sacramento and learn more about all the key issues and legislation impacting your child, school and community.
Join other PTA volunteers at the Legislation Conference and:
- Be a part of the statewide effort to strengthen education, health and safety for all children by engaging in PTA’s advocacy goals and legislative priorities
- Get the latest information from legislators and key officials about the most important issues for children and families.
- Visit directly with the legislators who represent your community — and if you’re new to the process, we’ll connect you with others so you can learn how to have more productive visits with your legislator.
REGISTRATION and HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
- March 13-14, 2017
- Embassy Suites Hotel in Sacramento
- Adult registration is $210 per person and student registration is $105 per person.
Registration price includes events, materials, lunch/dinner on Monday and lunch on Tuesday. Hotel accommodations must be booked independently at an additional expense. Event registration closes March 9. All students must be accompanied by an adult registered conference participant. Checks must be received by March 1 and can be mailed to California State PTA, 2327 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95816, Attn: Legislation Conference.
Take advantage of special PTA hotel rates at Embassy Suites Sacramento with group code ANL when you register to receive our discounted per-night room rate of $97 per person double occupancy (plus tax)/$194 single occupancy (plus tax); hotel registration closes February 18.
- California State PTA President Justine Fischer
- California State PTA Director of Legislation Shayne Silva
- Tom Torlakson, Superintendent of Public Instruction (INVITED)
- Ilene Straus, Vice Chair, State Board of Education
- Gordon Jackson, Director, Coordinated Student Support Division, CDE (INVITED)
- California State PTA Executive Director Sherry Skelly Griffith
- Kevin Gordon, President and a Founding Partner of Capitol Advisors (INVITED)
- Ron Bennett, CEO, School Services of California
- Mac Taylor, Legislative Analyst
- Jeff Bell, Program Budget Manager, Department of Finance
- Senator Kevin De León, Senate President Pro Tempore (INVITED)
- Assembly Member Anthony Rendon, Assembly Speaker (INVITED)
- Assembly Member Chad Mayes, Assembly Republican Leader (INVITED)
- Senator Jean Fuller, Senate Republican Leader (INVITED)
See Highlights from 2016
INTERESTED IN FEDERAL ISSUES?
Then don’t forget about National PTA’s Legislation Conference. The 2017 National PTA LegCon, March 7-9 in Virginia, will feature workshops on key education issues facing the new Congress, with discussions and trainings on how PTA advocates can shape public policy at home and on Capitol Hill in 2017 and in the years to come. Learn more.