The 2015 California State PTA Annual Convention was ENGAGING, EDUCATING and ENERGIZING!
As California remodels our education system to better serve all students, parent engagement is more important than ever before. Thousands of PTA parent-volunteer advocates and leaders along with educators and community leaders joined together in Sacramento from April 30 to May 3 to address education, health and community issues affecting our state’s kids and families.
- Read the Report of the Association from President Colleen A.R. You
- Read the Executive Director Report from Paul Richman
Keynote speaker highlight!
The power of civics education was front and center at our recent convention when California State PTA Past President Carol Kocivar sat down to interview Chief Justice of California Hon. Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye. Take a look!
Chief Justice from California State PTA on Vimeo.
Delegates adopted three resolutions and approved changes to the bylaws and Legislation Policies. View the final documents.
- Bylaws — available in English and Spanish
- Legislation Policies — available in English and Spanish
- Synthetic Marijuana Education and Awareness
- Climate Change is a Children’s Issue
- LGBTQ+ Inclusiveness in Health Education
SAVE THE DATES
Be sure to save the dates for our future conventions:
- May 4-7, 2016 in San Diego
- April 28-30, 2017 in San Jose
- April 27-29, 2018 in Ontario