SAVE THE DATE FOR April 27-29, 2018 in Ontario
Thousands of PTA parent-volunteer advocates and leaders along with educators and community leaders converged in San Jose on April 28-30, 2017, to address education, health and community issues affecting our state’s kids and families. Take a look at the excitement by searching #PTA4Kids on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. And, be sure to check out the daily photo albums.
- General Sessions and Business of the Association – Delegates passed Legislation Polices (English and Spanish) and elected the 2017-2019 Board of Directors. Although no resolutions were brought forward for consideration this year, delegates received an update report on the resolution “Dyslexia: Addressing the Educational Implications in Public Schools” which was adopted in 2016.
- Workshops and Table Talks – Convention workshops and table talks provided a great selection of hands-on learning and training opportunities. Digital handouts will be available online until June 1, 2017.
- Inspiring Keynote Speakers and Presenters – Exciting and powerful keynote speakers such as The Education Trust-West Executive Director Ryan J. Smith and special guests including California Teacher of the Year Megan Gross and National PTA Executive Director Nathan R. Monell, CAE inspired delegates in each action-packed general meeting. View speaker bios.
- Exhibit Hall – The Exhibit Hall provided access to ideas and information for fundraising, assemblies and programs for your school. Our PTA News segment captured the fun.
- Group Photo – Convention participants gathered for a commemorative group photo. Watch the fun.
- Networking and Special Events – Participants linked up with hundreds of others working on behalf of children and families to share best practices, resources and information including the Friday Arts Experience, Live Chat, PTA Historical Display, Membership Wall of Fame and a student-led mini workshop.
Here’s what participants said about convention
“I enjoyed every minute of convention. The new perspectives I gained regarding issues that California State PTA supports and our voting process was invaluable.”
“I love convention: the camaraderie. Feeling like an integral part of such a big PTA family is vital to me.”
“I learned a lot and have a lot of ideas to bring back to my council and to my unit.”
“I had a wonderful experience at convention this year and I would definitely recommend it to people who have not attended before.”
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS
California State PTA is pleased to acknowledge the following companies and organizations for their generous support of our 2017 Annual Convention. Their investment in PTA enables us to continue providing a top-quality convention experience for all attendees.
To learn more about our sponsors, be sure to click the links below:
SAVE THE DATE FOR FUTURE CONVENTIONS
Be sure to save the dates for future conventions:
- April 27-29, 2018 in Ontario