Convention 4-square redirect
Watch the recording of January 17, 2023, California State PTA Member Budget Call on California’s proposed budget with special guest speaker Kevin Gordon of Capitol Advisors.
Redirect to monthly call page
PTA in California: Your Stories, Your Kind of PTA
Each issue of PTA in California brings a wealth of news and information to PTA leaders and members.
We hope you enjoy the February 2023 edition of PTA in California. As you read through this issue of PTA in California, you will be impressed by the great work PTA members have done on behalf of all children for more than 125 years. You are part of this legacy and continue its work today.
What you’ll find inside:
- Founders’ Day Timeline
- Celebrate Black History Month by Celebrating Selena Sloan Butler
- Tips for a Successful PTA Leadership Transition
- Take advantage of Member Perks
- And more!
Download a PDF here in English or read PTA in California in Spanish
- Fall/Winter 2022: English | Spanish
- Winter/Spring 2022: English
- Fall 2021: English | Spanish
- Spring/Summer 2021: English | Spanish
- Winter/Spring 2021: English | Spanish
- Summer 2020: English | Spanish
- Winter 2020: English | Spanish
- Fall 2019: English | Spanish
- Winter 2019: English | Spanish
- Fall 2018: English Spanish
- Winter 2018: English | Spanish
- Spring 2018: English | Spanish
- Education Edition 2016: English | Spanish | Tagalog | Chinese | Arabic | Vietnamese
- Understanding the New Local Control Funding Formula: English | Spanish
Class of 2023 High School Senior Scholarships winners will be announced this month and listed on our site in April 2023!
redirect page to https://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/
PTA Connects: The Latest News from California State PTA
Get engaged on issues that matter most to you with PTA Connects. Click the links below to stay connected with past issues.
2022 – 2023
- December 14, 2022: English | Spanish
- November 10, 2022: English | Spanish
- October 10, 2022: English | Spanish
2021 – 2022
- March 17, 2022: English | Spanish
- February 15, 2022: English | Spanish
- January 13, 2022: English | Spanish
- December 8, 2021: English | Spanish
- November 16, 2021: English | Spanish
- October 19, 2021: English | Spanish
- September 22, 2021: English | Spanish
- August 26, 2021: English | Spanish
- July 2021: English | Spanish
2020 – 2021
- June 2021: English | Spanish
- May 2021: English | Spanish
- April 2021: English | Spanish
- March 2021: English | Spanish
- February 18, 2021: English | Spanish
- January 15, 2021: English | Spanish
- December 10, 2020: English | Spanish
- November 11, 2020: English | Spanish
- October 16, 2020: English | Spanish
- September 11, 2020: English | Spanish
- August 18, 2020: English | Spanish
- July 10, 2020: English | Spanish
2019 – 2020
Check back in late April for the Spotlight Award winners and online celebration details.
Redirect to …
Technology Upgrade RFP
California State Parent Teacher Association is a nonprofit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children. PTAs are a vital part of schools and communities across the state, with approximately 3,500 local PTAs in California and more than 500,000 members.
PTA structure is set up with the State PTA at the top level, then District PTAs below the State. Districts may have Units and/or Councils, and Councils will have Units under them. There are currently 27 Districts, approximately 200 councils, and nearly 3,200 units in the state of California. From a Unit perspective, they may be under a Council or District, then the State PTA. This hierarchy is important in all aspects of the services requested.
PTA leaders from local associations across the state are required to perform many tasks using online services. California State PTA is looking for vendors who can provide any or all of the services included below. Vendors should submit separate responses per service, even if multiple services are being bid.
The services requested include:
- Contact Management System
- Electronic Bylaws Creation System
- Document Upload and Archive System
- Website Refresh
- Database System with Data Integration Capabilities
- Federated Single Sign On
Timeline Revised 12/20/2022
|11/17/22||Advertisement of RFP|
|12/09/22||Bidders Conference (Virtual 9-11am PST)|
|12/21/22||Deadline for submission of written questions|
|12/23/22-01/02/23||California State PTA office closure|
|01/4/23||Answers to written questions will be provided|
|01/8/23||Proposals submitted to California State PTA by midnight|
|01/13/23||Vendor interview notification|
|January 2023||Approval of vendor selection by Board of Directors|
|TBD||Start of services|
There will be an online bidders conference from 9 am to 11 am PST on December 9, 2022 with members of the IT Task Force and California PTA Staff available to answer questions. Written questions may be submitted in advance for discussion at the conference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional written questions may be submitted up to December 21, 2022 by email to email@example.com.
An electronic copy of your proposal must be received at the California State PTA office on January 8, 2023 by midnight PST and should be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard-copy proposals are welcome, but will not be considered as an official submission.
The task force will meet to evaluate submissions the week of January 9, 2023 and reach out to select vendors to set up interviews from January 18 – 20, 2023. The task force will make the final selection with a tentative presentation to the Board of Directors in January.
California State PTA
Visit our calendar for more information on upcoming statewide member calls and events
REDIRECT TO CALENDAR: Visit our calendar for more information on upcoming statewide member calls and events.