Why should you register to attend the California State PTA Legislative Conference?
- You don’t have to be a policy expert or an advocacy rock star to get great benefit from the conference. The Legislative Conference is designed to meet the needs of everyone — from an advocacy novice to a policy wonk. Everyone will find something of value at the conference.
- There is so much to learn! Participants in the conference learn about various ways to advocate at the local and state level, hear about important issues that affect students around the state, and hear from policy-makers in Sacramento.
- You get a chance to see our government in action as part of the conference takes place at the Capitol. Some of the workshops take place in rooms in the Capitol building and then you are able to meet with your local representatives.
- Meet and network with leaders from across the state. One of the best things about the legislative conference is meeting other leaders who care about children and families as much as you do! Talk to leaders from other areas of the state, spend time bonding with people from your district, and meet state leaders.
- Students can attend too! Is your child passionate about a cause, do they want to learn more about how our government works or how they can help make change? Students are always welcomed at the legislative conference and there are a few special sessions just for them.
Early bird registration closes on November 15th, so save your unit some money and complete your online registration as soon as possible!
Click here to go back to the blog homepage.