California State PTA has a variety of great resources — many in multiple languages — that you can download and share with your parents, families, teachers and school communities!
- PTA National Standards for Family-School Partnerships Assessment Guide — Provides specific goals for each of six accepted family engagement standards, as well as indicators for measuring whether those goals are being met; available in English and Spanish.
SUPPORTING LEARNING AT HOME
- How to Support Learning at Home — Created in partnership with the California Teachers Association; available in English, Spanish, Arabic , Armenian, Cambodian, Chinese, Hmong, Korean, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese.
WAYS TO SUPPORT STUDENTS AND SCHOOLS
- 100 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed – Available in English and Spanish.
- Tips for Parents
- Partnerships in Education – Working with Parent Leaders
- PTA Presidents and Principals — Working Together
- Why Your School Needs a PTA
SCHOOL SMARTS PARENT ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Tips for Parents of Students with Special Needs — Available in six languages
- Getting the Most Out of Homework — Available in six languages
CALIFORNIA STATE STANDARDS
- Parents’ Guide to Student Success – Available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese.
- VAPA Guide for Parents — Available in English (Spanish coming soon)
- Common Core Fliers – Available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese.
LOCAL CONTROL AND ACCOUNTABILITY PLANS
- Quick Guides to Understanding Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAPs) – Available in English and Spanish.
- Seasons of LCAP — Available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese.