February is Black History Month, and we know that you want to celebrate with your children. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee have given us some great resources to help you in your school, home, and community.
- This four-part series helps schools teach about black history by giving them resources that focus on aspects of black history and culture that aren’t centered on violence, trauma and struggle:
- This beautiful coloring and activity book called “What We Believe” is a free download from Black Lives Matter at School.
- Here is a teacher’s resource guide to teaching Black History Month.
- Here is a list of 100 books by or about African Americans for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade
- National PTA has some resources to engage African American families on your school campus– this would be a great month to try one of the activities!
We would love to hear about your ideas for celebrating Black History Month! Please email them to email@example.com
Click here to return to the blog homepage.