This schedule is current as of 2/28/22, and is subject to change.
Click here to download a PDF version of the full Convention at a Glance schedule.
Check back often for updates and more speaker information.
Lori Woodley-Langendorff, CEO/Founder of “All it Takes”
Lori worked as a school counselor for 28 years. She developed and delivered SEL through experiential learning, parenting support, and peer programs before she began producing SEL curriculum for the larger education and parent community. Lori now serves as CEO of All It Takes, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that creates and provides Whole Child/SEL resources to those who serve youth while also globally training students, teachers and parents in communication and relationship building.
||Alondra Diaz – Teacher of the Year
Alondra is a 2022 California State Teacher of the Year and state nominee for the National Teacher of the Year program and a third-grade bilingual educator at Ralph A. Gates Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Magnet Elementary. At Gates, she serves as an advocate for language acquisition for all students. As an educator, she is committed to empowering students, families, and the community. As a leader, Diaz provides support to aspiring and new teachers in her role as lead Mentor Teacher. Diaz is the recipient of the 2020 Woman of the Year award presented by the National Hispanic Women’s Business Association in the category of Community and Education for her active involvement in promoting literacy and is a member of the California Department of Education Superintendent Teacher Advisory Council.
||Anna King, National PTA President
Anna has over 20 years of leadership experience at all levels of PTA, including Oklahoma PTA president and National PTA vice president of membership. She is the 57th president of National PTA. Currently, Anna is the secretary for Frederick A. Douglass High School PTSA in Oklahoma City and is a board member of the Douglass Law and Public Safety Academy. She loves volunteering at the high school in her community and working beside students as they use their voices to create change and make an impact. Outside of her PTA service, Anna is also involved in many community activities. She is the Oklahoma Moms Demand Action School Safety co-leader and member of the WestEd Advisory Board, Equity Advisory for the Oklahoma State Department of Education and Kiwanis Club of South Oakland County. Anna believes that it’s a heart for servant leadership that inspires people to do noble work that calls for them to offer the best of themselves, through humility and courage. She believes that ALL children deserve to learn in a safe and welcoming environment, no matter who they are or where they come from.
WELCOME! We look forward to having you join us at the California State PTA Convention 2022
Deadline is April 8th – Last Chance to Register!
California State PTA Convention 2022 brings you an opportunity to engage with PTA leaders, members, and decision makers from across the state. Our attendees represent children in preschools, elementary, middle and high schools. They value the opportunity to meet and network with providers like you, who can help them accomplish their goals.
This is going to be an engaging, informative and fun Convention as we celebrate PTA’s 125th Anniversary year!
CONVENTION EXHIBITOR PROSPECTUS
We are pleased to present the Exhibitor Prospectus so you can begin to plan your experience at California State PTA Convention 2022!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Sponsorship opportunities are still available – click here for more information, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An opportunity to attend the 2022 California State PTA Convention for FREE!
Did you know you can volunteer for the 2022 California State PTA Annual Convention at the Ontario Convention Center and enjoy the excitement for FREE? It’s true!
Volunteers play an important role at convention ― helping with everything from registration, exhibits, the PTA Store, meetings and workshops, set-up, and so much more.
- Volunteers are needed in a minimum of 4-hour shifts from Thursday, April 28th through Sunday, May 1st
- Be sure to indicate the shifts that you want; you can choose one or more shifts, as your schedule permits
- If you select multiple shifts, you will be assigned to a role for each of the shifts you’ve selected, so please only select the shifts that you know you can work
- We will provide direction for each role, but generally the positions are very easy and do not require any special knowledge
- When you volunteer for one shift, you will be given free access to the rest of that day’s events which may include workshops (if space permits), general meetings, and exhibits. (Those signed up for afternoon shifts should report to the site office at the start of that same day to obtain a badge for the morning events.)
- If you volunteer for two NON-consecutive shifts, or two consecutive shifts (with a break), you will be given free access to a full day of your choice at convention. You can select your free day after arriving at the convention center and checking in with the volunteer coordinator
- We make every effort to accommodate requests for specific job assignments at the time you check in, however it may be necessary to assign you where needed. Assignments are made at the start of each shift, not in advance for any particular day or position at convention
- Volunteers are nonvoting
- If you have already registered and paid for convention, we cannot offer you a refund for any days you volunteer. We’d still appreciate your help, though!
- We do not provide reimbursement for any costs you may incur at convention (such as parking, hotel, expenses, meals, etc.)
As a convention volunteer, you are a vital part of our event. Be part of the California State PTA Convention team! We truly cannot do it without you!
For more information and to register to volunteer, CLICK HERE.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Only individuals fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as determined by the CDC may attend in-person due to current conditions (COVID-19 pandemic). Masks/face coverings will be required except when eating or drinking or speaking from a microphone. California State PTA will meet or exceed local county health guidance and physical distancing to the extent possible. In addition, attendees should conduct a health self-evaluation before attending the meeting and should refrain from attending if they have any symptoms of illness. Be prepared to show proof of COVID vaccination with identification.