Welcome to an updated guide to the most sweeping changes in more than a quarter-century affecting how California schools are governed and funded: the Local Control Funding Formula. This guide by EdSource looks at the law two-plus years into its implementation and offers:
- A full explanation of how the formula works
- A 9-question primer on the Local Control Funding Formula, en español también
- A tool that allows you to compare how much money school districts will receive under the formula;
- A short history of school finance reform in California
- A look at how California’s school spending compares with other states with the “States in Motion” guide.