Welcome to November! There are lots of exciting things happening in the PTA world this month. Here are a few:
- The Legislative Conference early bird deadline is November 15th, so make sure you register in time to get the lowest price.
- Elections for Nominating Committees begin for many units (check your bylaws). You want to give your nominating committee the time they need to recruit the best leaders for your unit. Electing them in November or December at your association meeting gives them enough time to find the right volunteers for the many jobs in our PTA.
- If your fiscal year ends June 30, then tax and government forms are due by November 15th. This is important to stay in compliance, so don’t forget this deadline. Tax filing support can be found at our online tax filing support center.
- Holidays including Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving happen in November. Remember that school attendance is still a priority, so we need to remind our families to try to keep additional absences at a minimum.
- Reflections entries are often due to councils and districts this month. Make sure you check with your local leadership for the exact dates.
Click here to go back to the blog homepage.