by Heather Ippolito, VP Family Engagement
The Family Engagement Commission this term consists of a Vice President, nine members of the CA State PTA Board of Managers (five of whom are District Presidents), and two consultants. We are located around the state from San Diego to Marin County and represent a wide range of stages of parenthood.
Watch the video and Meet the Family Engagement Commission
Our commission of dedicated volunteers is here to serve you in the following ways:
- Highlighting the amazing work you are doing at your school site in the area of family engagement, (so please take a few minutes to tell us your family engagement stories using this form)
- Facilitating training and workshops via webinar or in-person at PTA council, district, or state events
- Planning amazing convention workshops for the California State PTA Convention in Ontario April 29-May 1, 2022
- Updating the family engagement pages of the website
- Providing you with updates in the form of blog articles and social media posts
- Monitoring family engagement legislation
- Partnering with the School Smarts Committee to educate school districts and PTA Leaders about our award-winning family engagement program School Smarts.