Fall is an exciting time for your PTA! As you begin all of your PTA programming there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the insurance guide to make sure that your programs don’t require any extra waivers or that you don’t have any red light activities planned.
- Your taxes for the 2018-2019 year can be filed now. If you have any questions about your taxes, CAPTA has help for you!
- You can begin to work on earning membership awards and incentives. At your back to school events make sure you are sharing the wonderful things that you PTA has planned and give people an opportunity to join.
- Remember to thank people often. PTA volunteers, teachers on your campus, parents who join PTA– everyone likes to hear the phrase, “Thank you!” True appreciation makes people feel valued and welcomed, so make it part of your daily routine.
- California State PTA is here to help you! We welcome your thoughts or questions to better serve you and look forward to working with you this year.