Why Should You Have a Mid-Year Membership Drive?
“Our school does a huge membership drive in the fall, so why should we have another drive now?”
We hear this question a lot at California State PTA. Here are a few reasons why a mid-year membership drive is always a good idea:
- New families move into the neighborhood during the school year who would have missed the fall membership drive.
- Some families might not have had the funds to join in the fall, but they have the money now.
- Parents might not have known about all of the amazing and valuable programs your PTA provided for their children, but now that they have seen you in action, they are ready to join!
- This is a great time to reach out to your school board, community businesses that you have worked with, or alumni families to give them the opportunity to join.
- California State PTA has several membership contests that your PTA can participate in. Teachers Matter ends on February 1st, and Best in 5 ends March 15th.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to increase your site’s awareness of all the good things we do in at PTA. Remember, every member matters!
Click here to return to the blog homepage.