The Member Support & Resource Specialist is an exempt, full-time position based in the PTA state office in Sacramento that performs professional and administrative work to advance the goals of California State PTA. This position assists with technical logistics, coordinates day-to-day functions, and facilitates communications between volunteer leaders, vendors and staff to ensure the successful implementation of the electronic membership dues system with the goal of advancing online membership conversions and growing online membership. The position also supports general membership growth strategies and assists with services to leaders such as eBylaws, and leadership software programs. This position assists with ongoing resource development including administrative duties, works with sponsors, exhibitors, and partners. This position reports to the Assistant Executive Director. This position also interacts with staff, board members, general membership and the public.
- Serves as liaison to various committees and/or task force groups working to support membership strategies and the electronic membership system including outside vendors and service providers
- Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with members, leaders, staff and vendors
- Improves quality of membership programs and services, including electronic membership systems, by establishing and/or refining processes, assessing efficiencies and recommending creative solutions in consultation with leaders
- Provides technical support in advancing online membership conversion including backend systems and maintains e-membership manual
- Provides assistance to local leaders, councils and districts by developing and implementing a sustainable customer service model for membership and membership services via phone, email and website
- Identifies, develops and implements technology solutions to support the members and leaders
- Works collaboratively with other departments in the development, production and marketing of the electronic membership system and the value of PTA membership
- Assists leaders to develop strategies to grow online membership
- Trains leaders on the front-end and back-end systems with the goal to grow online adoption of systems
- Provides reports and analytics
- Develops and maintains web-based records in the electronic membership dues database
- Establishes procedures and department policies as they pertain to membership, certification and event processing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends meetings and events as required
- Some travel may be required.
Working conditions/Physical demands:
- May lift, carry and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of work experience in membership systems
- Superior technology skills with in-depth experience and technical understanding of membership/association management database systems, experience working with FileMaker and API systems a plus
- Strong skills in membership strategies designed to demonstrate the value of membership
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, vendors, partners and others
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player; Ability to demonstrate overall outlook that is positive, open, and supportive of others.
Application Deadline and Process:
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled. No phone calls please.