Greetings PTA Leader!
I want to be one of the first to welcome you to the 2023 PTA Term. Thank you so much for stepping into this important role in your PTA. I know that this year is going to be full of wonderful programs and activities for your community to enjoy because of the hard work of you, your executive board, and the rest of your PTA volunteers.
As a local PTA leader, your dedication and hard work are what make PTA such a powerful force for good in our schools and communities. But PTA isn’t just about the events and activities, it’s also about the small, everyday actions that you take as a leader. It’s about taking the time to listen to the concerns and needs of your members and finding creative solutions to the challenges you face. It’s about making sure that every voice is heard and that everyone feels valued and included in the work of the PTA.
To help make your job easier, this Leader Welcome Packet is filled with resources for you and your PTA team.
- Share the resources with your board and committee members
- Download and share extra copies of anything you need from our website and use the many QR codes and links found in the online version of the packet
- Check the PTA calendar on the website often to learn about new and exciting events and opportunities from California State PTA
- Stay connected to your council and district leaders so you don’t miss out on local and regional opportunities for training or other programs
- Visit the California State PTA Leaders’ site which is full of information just for you and your executive board team
As we begin this year, my job and the role of California State PTA board members is to support you, our local leaders, to be the best leaders you can be. We will provide you with the resources and materials to make your job easier, try to simplify processes, and hopefully inspire you to “positively impact the lives of all children and families.” If you have suggestions for us, please let us know – you can find our contact information on our website.
I want to thank you for your dedication to the PTA and the children and families of California.
Working together we truly can make a difference every day with PTA!
You can view or download all materials in the full “Leaders Welcome Packet,” “Running Your PTA … Made Easy,” and the “2023 Convention Highlights,” on the Leaders’ Website.