Securing adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth is one of the purposes of California State PTA.
Any unit, council or district PTA may recommend action on legislation to California State PTA’s Board of Managers.
Status of Current Legislation by Subject Area
Review the complete status and calendar reports of current legislation being followed by California State PTA, organized by subject area:
Search for Legislation
FIND YOUR BALLOT AND POLLING PLACE
Voter’s Edge California is an online, nonpartisan voter guide where you can enter your address and get your entire ballot and polling place.
PTA Sponsors AB 2680
UPDATE as of 5/16/16 — On May 27, the Assembly Appropriations Committee will be voting to move AB 2680 off the suspense file to the Assembly floor. This is a critical point in the legislative process and we need your help! Tweet to support family-engagement funding!
Family engagement is a key predictor of student success. That’s why California State PTA is sponsoring Assembly Bill 2680 by Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla (Concord). This bill demonstrates a commitment to connecting families, schools and communities to improving student outcomes.
By allocating a one-time investment of seed money for school districts to develop family-engagement strategies, AB 2680 will:
- Strengthen active and meaningful participation of parents, students and families in the development and updating of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAPs)
- Empower parents, students and families to become active leaders in school communities through training at the school and district levels
- Foster engagement to support parents and families as their children’s first teachers and encourage parents to advocate for a quality education for their child and for all children.
It’s time to engage all parents and families for the success of our students, our schools and our state.
- The California Channel — Coverage of legislative committees and political activities in Sacramento
- Committee Hearing Schedules — Committee hearing schedules of the California Legislature
- Floor Hearing Schedules — Floor hearing schedules of the California Legislature
- California’s State Budget — Infographic from the the LAO office
- California Law by Subject — The State of California’s official database of current California law.