The Technology Systems Specialist performs professional and administrative work and reports to the Director of Operations. This position coordinates the associations’ technology systems to include hardware, software, devices and special projects. This position has a leadership role in the development and maintenance of the association management/membership system through FileMaker, web-based API and other future systems. Additionally, this position provides video, website and other IT support as needed. This position interacts regularly with staff members and state and district PTA leaders, members and consultants as well as with outside vendors and service providers.
This position is classified on the exempt salary schedule as a Specialist.
$58,240 – $62,400
- Coordinates the daily technology activities of the association to ensure needs of the office and organization are effectively addressed.
- Provides basic technical support for the association related to hardware, software and equipment. Recommends and purchases software and other equipment for approval. Installs computer software and updates as necessary.
- Provides IT assistance, training and education for staff and volunteer leaders on basic systems and equipment including Microsoft Office.
- Serves as the liaison between the IT computer consultant and the office, and works collaboratively with membership and data consultants including Konicom, Angel City Data and Moonlight Labs among others.
- Troubleshoots computer problems before placing service calls to the consultant and coordinates the work done when the service call occurs.
- Assigns and maintains company email and phone accounts for staff and Board of Managers.
- Develops action plans for IT-related projects to ensure quality standards and security systems are in-tact.
- Serves as a member of the IT leadership team in the development and maintenance of California State PTA’s association membership management system through FileMaker and API interface.
- Monitors and ensures maintenance of all equipment-related leases, service contracts, records and other pertinent papers, as well as RFPs. Ensures PTA office equipment is maintained properly; schedules, approves and coordinates maintenance and repairs; recommends improvements for approval as necessary.
- When directed, obtains bids for technology work as assigned, and makes recommendations to the Director of Operations, Executive Director and Board; ensures compliance with all policies, regulations and procedures.
- Serves as a member of the staff IT strategy team; proactively researches, develops and implements new technology activities and initiatives that advance the work of the association.
- Serves as a California State PTA webmaster and is responsible for posting and removing material to the CAPTA website in a timely manner, as directed. Coordinates website projects with staff, officers and consultants, as assigned.
- When directed, assists with video editing and production as well as photography to ensure appropriate visual “brand identity” for the association.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Regularly lifts, carries and/or moves objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- May be required to travel
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Employees must be fully vaccinated within 30 days of start date, except when a medical or religious exemption is granted
- Employees are currently given the opportunity to work a hybrid work schedule (in office MT, remote WThF, except when meetings or other duties require additional days in office)
- A.S or B.S degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in supporting a variety of computer hardware, software and networking equipment in a supporting role
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the organization’s mission, goals and policies
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and plan for possible problematic IT-related challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, vendors, partners and others
- Team player; Ability to demonstrate overall outlook that is positive, open, and supportive of others
- Non-profit association experience and experience working with volunteer leaders strongly preferred
- Bilingual preferred