The Office Assistant is a non-exempt position that performs clerical work in support of daily operations for the association, executive director and, on occasion, other directors under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position interacts with staff, board members, general membership and the public.
This position is classified on the non-exempt salary schedule as a Clerk I.
$12.00 to $15.36 per hour
- Provides receptionist duties including answering incoming calls, routing callers as well as greeting and directing office visitors
- Opens and processes daily mail delivery, following established procedures
- Schedules meetings, sends meeting invitations, mail merges and performs data entry
- Will provide scheduling assistance and maintain the master calendar for the association
- Assists the Executive Director as needed and by special assignment with other directors
- Assists with projects, collating assignments and large mailings as needed
- Assists with general clerical duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends staff meetings
- May attend Board of Managers meetings as needed
- May be asked to pick up materials from the state Capitol as needed
Working conditions/Physical demands:
- Typically, may sit for extended periods of time
- Operates a computer keyboard
- One to four years experience in a clerical/receptionist role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with online services such as Doodle Poll, Survey Monkey, Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience answering a multi-line VOIP phone system
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage a complex association calendar
- An outgoing personality, positive attitude and professional demeanor
- High level of customer services
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted June 25, 2020