General Description: The Administrative Assistant is a non-exempt position that performs administrative work in support of daily operations for the association, Executive Director and, on occasion, other directors under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position interacts with staff, board members, general membership and the public.
Classification: This position is classified on the non-exempt salary schedule as Administrative I.
Salary Range: $16.00 to 19.20 per hour
- Provides receptionist duties including answering incoming calls, routing callers as well as greeting, screening and directing office visitors
- Opens and processes daily mail delivery, following established procedures
- Manages meeting scheduling, including managing requests, setting up conference calls, webinars and in-person and virtual meetings, updating the master calendar, sending meeting invitations and host instructions
- Resource Development (RD) assistance, including, but not limited to, preparing routine communications about sponsorship, scheduling meet and greets, updating RD/sponsor-related agendas, preparing RD staff team for meetings, and processing sponsor contracts
- Monitors and screens the main association email account (email@example.com) for appropriate correspondence and/or rerouting
- Conducts mail merges
- Collects and analyzes data, performs data entry and prepares reports to help support recommendations, utilizing survey tools, spreadsheets or other similar software
- Maintains the association’s master calendar
- Updates informational documents, such as staff hours, organizational charts and rosters, and contact lists
- Assists the Executive Director as needed and other directors by specific assignment
- Assists with projects, collating assignments and large mailings as needed
- Provide administrative support for committees as assigned
- Periodically provide administrative support to the School Smarts program
- Assists with general administrative duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings
- May attend Board of Managers and other association meetings as needed
- May be asked to pick up or drop off materials or supplies as needed for the association
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Typically, may sit for extended periods of time
- Operates a computer keyboard.
- Two years’ minimum experience in an administrative role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with online services such as Zoom, Doodle Poll, Survey Monkey, Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience corresponding professionally in writing
- Experience answering a multi-line VOIP phone system
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, takes initiative, works independently and able to manage complex association calendar and projects
- An outgoing personality, positive attitude and professional demeanor
- High level of customer service
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
Please send cover letter and resume to Jessica Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2022.