The worldwide outbreak of illness caused by coronavirus, which includes cases in California, has created concerns among families regarding potential risks their children may face at school.
Fortunately, school districts across the state are developing important information, valuable resources and procedures for how schools should handle the coronavirus, and are informing and educating school communities about how to respond in the event that students or families are forced to confront the disease directly.
California State PTA encourages families to work closely with school officials to learn about preventative measures being implemented in their local communities.
We have also teamed up with school officials, partners associations and government agencies to provide the following valuable resources to help parents stay informed:
- FAQs about coronavirus from the California Department of Public Health
- School guidance on coronavirus from the California Department of Public Health (PDF)
- Coronavirus resources for schools from the Association of California School Administrators
- Timely information pertaining to schools from the California Department of Education
- USDA program to continue school meal service while schools are temporarily closed due to coronavirus
To view the main coronavirus information page, which contains a wealth of resources to help your family, school and PTA navigate the outbreak, click here.