The #NextGenPTA Convention is May 16-18, 2019 in Monterey, CA
The California State PTA Annual Convention offers vendors and exhibitors an opportunity to engage with PTA leaders, members and supporters from throughout our state. Our participants look forward to the opportunity to see the best in programs, products and services.
Our convention participants represent children in preschools, elementary, middle and high schools. They value the opportunity to see, meet and network with providers who will help them accomplish their 2019-20 goals. This is going to be an engaging, informative and fun convention, filled with all the things our participants love – including a dynamic exhibit hall!
PRICING AND FLOOR PLAN
The Exhibit Hall, General Meetings and all workshops will be held at the Monterey Conference Center (1 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA), Monterey Marriott (350 Calle Principal, Monterey, CA) and Portola Hotel and Spa (2 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA).
|8′ x 10′ Commercial Booths||Fee||Package A|
Discount Furniture Package A Includes:
Two chairs, table and trash can.
All Packages Includes:
- Back rail and side rail draping
- 200 lb. drayage
- Organization identification name
Note: Booth selection is first come, first served. Priority booth selection is given to convention sponsors. See sponsorship opportunities for details.
For any additional items, contact GES for pricing and more at www.ges.com/contact.
Note: Facility, union and GES work rules and other procedures may result in additional fees being charged to the exhibitor, who will be responsible for those charges.
Smart Lead Device (SLD):
SLD devices can be ordered at w3.smartreg.com/webreg/SLD with code CAPTA19 after you register your booth. Contact eventLoop at (888) 999-9169 with any questions. Please be aware that this is a different procedure than for past conventions. For details, see the attachments at the end of this document.
The SLD collects the contact and demographic information from the delegate’s badge, creating a database for the exhibitor. Leads are downloaded at the end of each show and the exhibitor will receive an email with the data.
Additional Exhibitor Staff:
Only five exhibitor staff members may work in the booth at the same time. Add extra staff for an additional $50 fee for each staff member. This fee will be added to your bill if not prepaid and more than five staff members are found in your booth.
If your booth will need electrical access, please contact Eddie Guise with the Portola Hotel & Spa at (831) 649-4511.
VENDOR INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Vendor insurance is due by April 26, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. (PST). If the insurance information is not received by the due date, you will not be allowed to be an exhibitor at convention and you will not receive a refund for any fees paid. Reference the Exhibitor Prospectus for exact wording and requirements including:
- Certificate of Liability Insurance naming California State PTA as the certificate holder and additional insured
- Additional Insured Endorsement
- Hold Harmless Agreement.
Please send your insurance documents via one method only to avoid duplication. Send to the attention of Pamela Smith:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Fax: 214-360-8752 or 214-360-8768
Questions about insurance? Contact the California State PTA insurance broker Pamela Smith at AIM Association Insurance Management Inc. at email@example.com or call 214-360-8706.
Note: Booth selection is guaranteed when full payment and the application/contract is received and approved by the Exhibit Chairman, as well by the insurance broker.
- Mandatory Exhibitor Briefing: Thursday, May 16 at 12:30 p.m.
- Receive up-to-date information about convention
- Pick up your name badges. (Badges are printed with staff and company name and must be worn at all times.)
- Pick up tote bag with program and lanyard
- All exhibitors (staff included) must sign in/register with the Exhibit Chairman in the Exhibit Hall. A $35 replacement fee will be charged for reprinting lost badges.
- Set Up: Thursday, May 16 from 8 am – 12 p.m.
- Exhibit Hall Hours (subject to change):
- Thursday, May 16 from 1 – 3 p.m. and 5 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 17 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Exhibit Dismantling: Friday, May 17 after 4 p.m.
Please contact California State PTA Exhibit Chairman Trish Waterbury at firstname.lastname@example.org for extenuating installation needs.