There’s always so much to see and do at convention! We are planning plenty of activities and special events to keep participants engaged, learning and having fun.
Gubernatorial Forum — Friday, April 27 from 3 — 4:30 p.m. (Hall B)
California State PTA, in partnership with Policy Analysis for California Education (PACE), will put the spotlight on education during the Gubernatorial Education Forum. Join this lively discussion, moderated by ABC7 Eyewitness News co-anchor Marc Brown, to learn more about each candidates’ vision for California’s public schools.
*Invited candidates include, in alphabetical order:
- Travis Allen, California Assemblymember
- John Chiang, California State Treasurer
- John Cox, Businessman
- Delaine Eastin, Former California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Gavin Newsom, California Lieutenant Governor
- Antonio Villaraigosa, Former Los Angeles Mayor.
This event is FREE to convention participants.
If you would like to attend the forum only, admission is $25 in advance or at the door. All funding will benefit PTA’s mission to positively impact the lives of all children and families. Register now at www.capta.org/convention/forum.
*Current at time of printing. Subject to change. Participation or sponsorship in this event does not denote endorsement of gubernatorial candidates by either California State PTA or PACE.
Family Arts Experience — Friday, April 27 from 5:30 — 7 p.m.
- One of the most popular events at last year’s convention. Join California State PTA for this hands-on event which will showcase research-based strategies to engage families and build awareness about the relevance of the arts in increasing student achievement. Plus, every participant will be eligible to win a FREE Family Arts Program for their school!
WHAT’S ON DISPLAY?
Communications Booth — Friday, April 27 through Saturday, April 28 (Concourse 1)
- Take a picture at the PTA photo booth with fun props and ask questions about social media
E-Membership Demonstration — Friday, April 27 through Saturday, April 28 (Concourse 1)
- California State PTA will be launching our new electronic membership system at convention! Our partner, Moonlight Labs, will be at the PTA Booth to highlight the new system features
- Hear how to make joining and renewing PTA membership at the local level easier for parents, families and communities. View a live demonstration, gain hands-on experience, attend a Q&A session and receive an action packet with your next steps.
Reflections Art Gallery — Friday, April 27, through Sunday, April 29 (Lobby)
- The Reflections Art Gallery is something you won’t want to miss! View the Award of Excellence and Award of Merit Reflections entries, along with selected favorites of the judges