Thank you for registering for California State PTA’s 2021 Virtual Legislation Conference.
During the conference, themed “A Path to Equity,” you will hear from legislators and other experts focusing on how legislation and the state budget link to equity, access and opportunity for all of California’s children.
All Legislation Conference sessions will have a channel where you can hear Spanish interpretation.
10 randomly selected registrants will win a visit from our Director of Legislation or another member of our legislation team to present or answer questions at one of your upcoming virtual unit, council, or district meetings.
Click here to view a PDF of the Legislation Conference agenda. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
Day 1: Monday, February 8
- Introductory Session with State Superintendent for Education: 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Session 1: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Special Arts Session: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Session 2: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Click here to visit the Day 1 page, where you’ll find the Zoom links for the day, plus full session descriptions and important documents.
Day 2: Tuesday, February 9
- Mixer: 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Session 3: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Session 4: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Click here to visit the Day 2 page, where you’ll find the Zoom links for the day, full session descriptions, and important documents.
Legislator Visits: February 10-12
Click here to visit the Legislator Visits page, where you’ll find important instructions and documents on Leg Con follow-up activities.
GENERAL DOCUMENTS & BACKGROUND MATERIALS
The following documents will help get you up to speed on everything we will be discussing and learning about during the conference:
- Legislation Team Roster
- Speaker bios
- California State PTA’s Equity Agenda
- California State PTA’s Organization & Advocacy Goals, in English or Spanish
- Social Media & PTA Advocacy
- Ed100 Flyer
- Conference Evaluation (please fill this out after the conference is over)
The following articles provide background for the topics that will be discussed at Leg Con 2021:
- How Will Each of Us Contribute to Racial Justice and Educational Equity Now, from Learning Policy Institute
- To Improve Education, Address Poverty, from Ed100
- COVID-19 and the Educational Equity Crisis, from Policy Analysis for California Education (PACE)