Parents Empowering Parents Guide and Parent Tips
Parents Empowering Parents (PEP) is a resource to assist local PTA leaders to carry out an effective parent education and involvement program. Each chapter is based on one of the six National PTA Standards for Parent Involvement. (Refer to Successful Programs in this section and Developing a Parent Involvement Program in the Volunteering section.) This guide contains information and ideas to help:
- promote PTA leadership to build strong home-school partnerships;
- assist parents with techniques to use in supporting their childrens efforts in school; and
- enhance parents skills in working with their own children.
Download the Parents Empowering Parents Guide Now
- Download the entire PEP Guide (in English). [2.5MB, pdf]
- Download the entire PEP Guide (in Spanish). [3.3MB, pdf]
Parent Involvement Tips
Back to School
- Getting Involved With Your Children
- Parent Involvement: What PTA Can Do
- Parent Involvement: What PTA Can Do (Spanish)
- Tips for Getting More Involved in My Child's School
- Building Your Child’s Self Esteem
- Family Involvement Makes a Difference . . .
- Easy Stress Relievers For Family Life
- Who Is the Parent?
- 101 Ways to Praise Kids
- Fibs and Lies . . .The Truth of the Matter
- Getting Involved With the Teachers
- Help with Homework
- Monitoring School Work
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Understanding and Parenting Adolescents
- The Five Essential Components of Reading
- Tips For Grandparents Raising Grandchildren . . .
- What Is A Learning Disability?
- A Parent’s Guide to School Involvement