March 6, 2017
- Vice President for Communications, email@example.com
- Director of Communications and Strategic Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO: More than 100 PTA leaders from throughout the state will advocate on children’s concerns at the State Capitol and hear the latest from state leaders including:
- California State PTA President Justine Fischer
- California State PTA Director of Legislation Shayne Silva
- Ilene Straus, Vice Chair, State Board of Education
- Tom Herman, Coordinated Student Support Division, California Department of Education
- California State PTA Executive Director Sherry Skelly Griffith
- Kevin Gordon, President and a Founding Partner of Capitol Advisors
- Ron Bennett, CEO, School Services of California
- Mac Taylor, California Legislative Analyst
- Jeff Bell, Program Budget Manager, Department of Finance
- Senator Kevin De León, Senate President Pro Tempore
- Senator Ben Allen, Chair, Senate Education Committee
- Assembly Member Patrick O’Donnell, Chair, Assembly Education Committee
- Assembly Member Rocky Chavez, Vice Chair, Assembly Education Committee.
WHEN: Monday, March 13, 10:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Tuesday, March 14, 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Monday at Embassy Suites, 100 Capitol Mall in Sacramento; Tuesday at the State Capitol beginning in the Legislative Office Building, 1020 N St., Room 100.
WHY: As the largest children’s-advocacy organization in the state, California State PTA’s mission is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. At this annual event, PTA volunteer-advocates work to improve the lives of California’s children and families by visiting legislators to share concerns and to work toward change for schools and communities.
FOR THE MEDIA: California State PTA parent representatives from across California will be available for expert interviews on a wide variety of children’s advocacy topics including education, health and community concerns. Please contact Michelle Eklund at (951) 314-3707 or email@example.com for information and assistance.