Ed Trust—West’s Education Equity Forum 2017: Ensuring College & Career Readiness for Students of Color & Low-Income Students
Ed Trust–West’s Education Equity Forum will provide a dedicated space for participants to connect, converse, and collaborate with equity-focused educators from across the state of California. The forum will focus on College & Career Readiness efforts and feature innovative practices to advance educational equity for students of color and low-income students. School and district teams are encouraged to attend together to maximize the Forum’s interactive, capacity-building sessions and networking opportunities. Learn more about this forum.
Featured speakers at the Education Equity Forum who are at the forefront of equitable educational change, will include:
- Ryan Smith, Executive Director of The Education Trust–West
- Dr. John B. King Jr., President and CEO of The Education Trust & former U.S. Secretary of Education in President Barack Obama’s Administration
- Dr. Tyrone Howard, Professor of Education, Associate Dean of Equity and Diversity & Director of the Black Male Institute University of California, Los Angeles
- Dr. Pedro Noguera, Distinguished Professor of Education University of California, Los Angeles
- Sherry Skelly Griffith, Executive Director of the California State Parent Teacher Association
- Jorge Aguilar, uperintendent for Sacramento City Unified School District & Associate Vice Chancellor for Educational and Community Partnerships, UC Merced.
- Friday, September 15, 2017
- 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Paradise Point Resort, San Diego
- Register today!
- Graduating A-G for All: Raising Expectations for All Students
- Using District Equity Audits to Facilitate Strategies For Closing Achievement and Opportunity Gaps
- California Equity Leadership Alliance Town Hall: Making Sense of the California Way
- Using Science & Math as a Lever for English Learner Equity
- Equity in Motion: Assignment Alignment with the Common Core Standards to Improve Instruction
- Using Linked Learning to Align Career Preparation with A-G College Requirements
- A-G Ready or Not? Tools to Ensure Student Eligibility For College, Financial Aid Planning and District Strategies