Every PTA board should evaluate the term’s work and prepare recommendations for the next term. Here are some questions to ask and discuss.
Projects and Programs:
- Did the PTA achieve the goals set at the beginning of the term?
- Did the officers and chairmen know what was expected of them?
- Were efforts made to include more members in planning and working toward achieving those goals?
- Did the PTA membership increase this term?
- Was an effort made to include more new members?
- Were the association meetings well attended?
- Was the association included in the decision-making process of the organization?
- Was the membership kept informed of PTA events and programs?
Training/ Leadership Development:
- Were the officers and chairmen notified of training opportunities?
- Did officers and chairmen take advantage of training opportunities?
- Was the association represented at council/district PTA meetings?
- Did your PTA send someone to the annual convention?
- Did your delegates to convention share the resources and information, and what they learned with your PTA?