Everything in one place – resources to help PTA leaders with advocacy work at the local, regional, state and federal levels.
PTA ADVOCACY – STATE AND NATIONAL
California State PTA
STATE LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION
CALIFORNIA SCHOOL FINANCE
- Spending: Does California Skimp on Schools?
- What do Education Dollars Buy?
- Prop 13 and Prop 98
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF)
- What’s a Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)?
- LCAP Resources and Handouts
- LAO: Implementation of LCFF
- The Evolution of California’s State School Finance System
- How Facilities are Financed
CALIFORNIA: EDUCATION INFO AND NEWS
OVERVIEW OF EDUCATION SYSTEMS
FEDERAL LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION
PTA & ELECTIONS
National PTA Resources:
- Permissible Activities Checklist / En Espanol.
- Candidate Appearances
- Hosting a Candidate Forum
- Nonprofits and Ballot Measures / En Espanol
- State Ballot Measures
- Parcel Taxes
- Legal Guidelines for Campaign Activity ( California State PTA Toolkit)
- IRS Charities and Lobbying
- School Bonds and Latest Legal Guidelines
Ed100, free online instruction about our education system.