SAVE THE DATES
- August 26, 2017
- Redwood Conference Center, Tulare County Office of Education
- 6200 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia, CA 93278
- Registration closes August 23, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- September 9, 2017
- California State University, San Bernardino
- 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407-2393
- Registration closes September 6, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- September 23, 2017
- California State University, Maritime Academy
- 200 Maritime Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590-8181
- Registration closes September 20, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Don’t miss our exciting summer Regional Leadership Conferences. Join hundreds of leaders, local officers and volunteers gathered for a day of leadership training, workshops, table talks and networking:
- Workshops designed and geared to support PTA presidents, treasurers, parliamentarians, secretaries, membership officers and council leaders with strategies for success
- Speakers focused on the many parts of PTA and participants will be engaged in the most important issues facing them today, including; family engagement and issues affecting children
- General Session featured information about creating an effective team by engaging families through the School Smarts Parent Engagement Program, powering up your PTA board and working with administrators
- Vendors highlighted goods and services that can help your PTA achieve its goals. Exhibitor applications now being accepted online.
- State leaders were on hand to network and answer questions.
Schedule of Events
|8 – 9 a.m.||Registration Opens|
|9 – 9:20 a.m.||Welcome|
|(10 Min Break)|
|9:30 – 11 a.m.||Workshop Session 1|
|(15 Min Break)|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Workshop Session 2|
|12:15 – 1:30 p.m.||Lunch and Vendor Fair|
|(15 Min Break)|
|1:45 – 3:15 p.m.||Workshop Session 3|
|3:15 – 4 p.m.||Table Talks|
Workshop Session 1
- 101 President – Great class for beginning leaders or those who want to brush up on the duties of the president.
- 102 Treasurer: Part 1 – Learn the ins and outs of being a PTA treasurer. Review financial requirements to keep your unit in good standing with PTA and other governmental agencies.
- 103 Spanish Track: Usted está en la junta… ¿Y ahora qué? – Un resumen de las plazas de la Mesa Directiva de la PTA y detalles de las funciones que tiene que desempeñar. Este taller ofrece información básica para ayudarle a su mesa directiva a tener un año exitoso.
- 104 Fundraising – Find out about the do’s and don’ts of fundraising and gather ideas from other units regarding successful fundraisers they hold at their schools. Bring your own ideas to share.
- 105 Hot Topics: Health & Community Concerns, Education, Family Engagement – PTA is a California’s largest child advocacy association. Hear from California State PTA Vice Presidents about the issues we are discussing today and coming up in the future.
- 106 Advance Leaders Track: Councils…What you need to know now! – Join us to learn about the responsibilities of council leaders in working in partnership with your units, districts and California State PTA.
Workshop Session 2
- 201 Secretary – PTA minutes are important. Learn all about your duties to the board and what needs to be included in the PTA’s monthly minutes.
- 202 Treasurer: Part 2 – Continuation from Session 1 workshop.
- 203 Spanish Track: Usted está en la junta… ¿Y ahora qué? – Un resumen de las plazas de la Mesa Directiva de la PTA y detalles de las funciones que tiene que desempeñar. Este taller ofrece información básica para ayudarle a su mesa directiva a tener un año exitoso.
- 204 Membership – Membership is an important part of every PTA. Find out about all the great tools California State PTA has for units to promote and build membership.
- 205 Hot Topics: Health & Community Concerns, Education, Family Engagement – PTA is a California’s largest child advocacy association. Hear from California State PTA Vice Presidents about the issues we are discussing today and coming up in the future. (Not a continuation of Session 1 workshop.)
- 206 Advance Leaders Track: People and Conflict Management – Conflict is a part of life. Get tips on building your team and how to handle conflicts that arise.
Workshop Session 3
- 301 Communications and Social Media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. All great methods to communicate with your parents. Spend some time with the California State PTA communications team and learn the best ways to keep your parents in the know.
- 302 Parliamentarian and Bylaws – Bylaws are the governing document of your PTA. Find out about the importance of this document and the role the parliamentarian plays on your board.
- 303 Spanish Track: Tesorero – Aprenda el tejemaneje de lo que es ser un tesorero de la PTA. Revise los requisitos financieros para mantener a su unidad en buen estatus con la PTA y otras agencias gubernamentales.
- 304 PTAEZ Tools for your PTA – PTAEZ does more than accounting. Learn how to use the Online Officer Contact System and the Document Management Program. (Note: Perfect for unit leaders as well as council and district leadership.)
- 305 Program Planning and Family Engagement – Create memories for your students and their families through family engagement and programs. Learn how to plan an event. Also, bring your ideas to share.
After a day of training, join leadership from California State PTA to ask questions or get general clarification on issues affecting you and your PTA. Some topics to include:
- General 411
- Insurance Issues
- Advanced leadership – councils and districts
- Diversity and Inclusion