Registration is Closed
Registration is closed for the 2017 Regional Leadership Conferences.
- Central: August 26, 2017, Redwood Conference Center, Tulare County Office of Education, 6200 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia, CA 93278
- Southern: September 9, 2017, California State University, San Bernardino, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407-2393
- Northern: September 23, 2017, California State University, Maritime Academy, 200 Maritime Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590-8181
Schedule of Events
|8 – 9 a.m.||Registration Opens|
|9 – 9:20 a.m.||Welcome|
|(10 Min Break)|
|9:30 – 11 a.m.||Workshop Session 1|
|(15 Min Break)|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Workshop Session 2|
|12:15 – 1:30 p.m.||Lunch and Vendor Fair|
|(15 Min Break)|
|1:45 – 3:15 p.m.||Workshop Session 3|
|3:15 – 4 p.m.||Table Talks|
Workshop Session 1
- 101 President – Great class for beginning leaders or those who want to brush up on the duties of the president.
- 102 Treasurer: Part 1 – Learn the ins and outs of being a PTA treasurer. Review financial requirements to keep your unit in good standing with PTA and other governmental agencies.
- 103 Spanish Track: Usted está en la junta… ¿Y ahora qué? – Un resumen de las plazas de la Mesa Directiva de la PTA y detalles de las funciones que tiene que desempeñar. Este taller ofrece información básica para ayudarle a su mesa directiva a tener un año exitoso.
- 104 Fundraising – Find out about the do’s and don’ts of fundraising and gather ideas from other units regarding successful fundraisers they hold at their schools. Bring your own ideas to share.
- 105 Hot Topics: Legislation, Health and Community Concerns – PTA is a California’s largest child advocacy association. Hear from California State PTA Vice Presidents about the issues we are discussing today and coming up in the future.
- 106 Advance Leaders Track: Councils…What you need to know now! – Join us to learn about the responsibilities of council leaders in working in partnership with your units, districts and California State PTA.
Workshop Session 2
- 201 Secretary – PTA minutes are important. Learn all about your duties to the board and what needs to be included in the PTA’s monthly minutes.
- 202 Treasurer: Part 2 – Continuation from Session 1 workshop.
- 203 Spanish Track: Usted está en la junta… ¿Y ahora qué? – Un resumen de las plazas de la Mesa Directiva de la PTA y detalles de las funciones que tiene que desempeñar. Este taller ofrece información básica para ayudarle a su mesa directiva a tener un año exitoso.
- 204 Membership – Membership is an important part of every PTA. Find out about all the great tools California State PTA has for units to promote and build membership.
- 205 Hot Topics: Education and Family Engagement: How They Fit Together – PTA is a California’s largest child advocacy association. Hear from California State PTA Vice Presidents about the issues we are discussing today and coming up in the future.
- 206 Advance Leaders Track: People and Conflict Management – Conflict is a part of life. Get tips on building your team and how to handle conflicts that arise.
Workshop Session 3
- 301 Communications and Social Media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. All great methods to communicate with your parents. Spend some time with the California State PTA communications team and learn the best ways to keep your parents in the know.
- 302 Parliamentarian and Bylaws – Bylaws are the governing document of your PTA. Find out about the importance of this document and the role the parliamentarian plays on your board.
- 303 Spanish Track: Tesorero – Aprenda el tejemaneje de lo que es ser un tesorero de la PTA. Revise los requisitos financieros para mantener a su unidad en buen estatus con la PTA y otras agencias gubernamentales.
- 304 PTAEZ Tools for your PTA – PTAEZ does more than accounting. Learn how to use the Online Officer Contact System and the Document Management Program. (Note: Perfect for unit leaders as well as council and district leadership.)
- 305 Program Planning and Family Engagement – Create memories for your students and their families through family engagement and programs. Learn how to plan an event. Also, bring your ideas to share.
After a day of training, join leadership from California State PTA to ask questions or get general clarification on issues affecting you and your PTA. Some topics to include:
- General 411
- Insurance Issues
- Advanced leadership – councils and districts
- Diversity and Inclusion
Give us your feedback on these events. Click this link to complete the brief survey.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
Thank you to ScholarShare for sponsoring the Regional Leadership Conferences! Learn more about ScholarShare and their mission at www.scholarshare.com.