Are your students looking for ways to improve and increase their math skills? Then Elevate [Math] is here!
INTENSIVE, FUN PROGRAM GETS STUDENTS ON TRACK
Elevate [Math] is an intensive but fun summer program that’s putting more middle-school students on track for college while also providing professional development to teachers. It prepares incoming middle-school students to successfully complete algebra I or the Common Core State Standards equivalent in eighth grade through:
- 75 hours of instruction for students from credentialed teachers and college-level teaching assistants
- 40 hours of professional development for teachers including instructional strategies aligned to Common Core, math practices, technology, student engagement, mindset and more
- Blended learning that combines traditional classroom teaching with supervised technology tool usage to provide differentiated instruction and job skills
- College awareness and encouragement through field trips to college campuses, as well as a special college-information night for students and families
- Additional parent engagement through progress reports and helpful resources.
Together with education nonprofit Silicon Valley Education Foundation, we’re rolling this unique program out to school districts across the state.
BRING ELEVATE [MATH] TO YOUR SCHOOL
If you’re interested in working with your school district to bring Elevate [Math] to your community, contact the California State PTA Vice President for Education at firstname.lastname@example.org and download our flier.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT ELEVATE [MATH]
- “I was a C and D student in math before I took Elevate [Math]. Now I’m doing A work. My parents always told me they wanted me to do better than they did, to go to college and get a better job than they have. I’ll show them I can.” – John Tortolano, Elevate [Math] Student
- “I really liked that it didn’t just focus on the math skills. I liked the college component and teaching students academic skills they can use for any class – eighth grade and beyond.” – Melissa Capurro, Elevate [Math] Teacher
- “SVEF is reaching out and supporting school districts like no other nonprofit because their goal is to make sure that every student has the opportunity to be prepared for the 21st century college- and career-ready.” – Chris Funk, East Side Union High School District Superintendent