To apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real‐world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to help prepare the student for a successful career in accounting.
The accounting internship is a professional experience that students participate in to gain professional skills and experience. It is structured as a learning experience that combines in‐class theory with real‐ world applications. Working with California State PTA’s accounting team, the student will have the opportunity to assist with and complete common and challenging projects throughout the accounting cycle.
Project opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Performing statement reconciliations for bank, investment, and credit card accounts
- Performing account reconciliations including prepaid flights, payroll liabilities, and event revenue
- Compliance, financial statement, and other reporting
- Personnel cost allocation.
Desired qualifications include:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business with a concentration in accountancy
- Completion of at least 12 units in accountancy courses
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts including debits and credits
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel fundamentals including cell referencing
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and verbal mediums
- Enthusiastic about learning, being independent, and staying organized.
PROGRAM DURATION, HOURS, AND COMPENSATION
The accounting internship lasts through June 30, 2018, with a maximum of 20 hours per week at a rate of $17.00 per hour.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
California State PTA is not‐for‐profit association with more than 750,000 members dedicated to positively impacting the lives of all children and families. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to California State PTA Accounting Manager Victor Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2018.